Sponsors:

Some pictures of new cut

Started by sshier, August 03, 2014, 10:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshier

Pics of a nice load of red and white oak about 10mbf

Pics of tie logs and pulp

sshier

Also had a productive weekend fixed two skidder went to look at truck that was located near the Turkey Roost so naturally we had to stop for dinner.
Then we won both games of our Sunday night beer league softball. Good week and great weekend but I'm going to pay for the softball game's in the morning while trying to get wood on the ground.

BEEMERS

Nice looking oak..what are you getting paid for it? Veneer? grade logs? Ive got  a bunch, wondering what the market is for oak in Michigan.

sshier

1-2 dollars for veneer red, whites went 1dollar
#1s were 700 mbf 2s were 600mbf
Were cutting 10mbf of bitter hickory that's on the way up around here expecting 450 mbf average better than ties or pads as long as they get to mill quickly had some 18' logs split in 4 this week

thecfarm

Looks good. Was there any softwood on that lot?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sshier

Yes lots of bass, cotton wood and poplar
Really nice lower grade soft maple and tons of hard wood mix most of hard maple was hi graded over the years along with the cherry and oak not a lot of grade left. Nearly all the hard maple and all oak under 18" along with the 8 cherry left on 50ac. Are staying

BargeMonkey

Thats some nice looking oak.  8)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sshier

Here's some pictures of things I love to see
Love to see the dust = no mud = me happy

Love to see the south end of a full north bound truck

Love to see the chips flyin

And I'll end it on a good point !!!!

So much for the dust started raining while posting oh well corn needs to drink to right

Autocar

Nice looking logs always enjoy seeing how the other guy dose it  ;). This morning I was trucking white oak and it rainned like cats and dogs.
Bill

thecfarm

Next time that trucks comes back take a picture so I can see the rubber under it. That's what I love to see.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

venice

Nice point. Hard to see from this angle. What breed is it? English pointer?

sshier

Shorthair wire hair mix loves to hunt and please he did get a little confused about the quail in the wire bush though sorry pics a little blurry

venice

Thanks. You keep them for the dog?

sshier

Yeah these were live bird training sometimes we set 10 or 20 quail and chase them down really makes  the dogs happy when the pheasants don't cooperate

sshier

This cut is wrapping up so me and my favorite cruising buddy (my wife) were out checking on the next couple clear cuts. Ran into abandoned circle saw mill at a veneer sale I was contacted to harvest
Pretty cool seeing the old stuff I will get some pictures in September when I cut the timber. 

sshier

Can you believe fall is creeping in already. The maples are starting to change cleanup has started on this site and the buncher is moving to the next to get ahead of the slasher.

Bert

I noticed the hard maples starting to change here in western pa too. Im not ready for winter. :'(
Saw you tomorrow!

sshier

I wouldn't mind the frost just not the 3 ft of snow or getting that much closer to another mud season boy it makes me sick just thinking about it. That picture Was of a real nice hard maple.

thecfarm

Some maples here that tinge of changing colors. I can really see the trees that are dying. Those are changing all ready.

SliverPicker

Snow predicted for tomorrow here.  Who needs it?
Yooper by trade.

sshier

The snowshoe hares and ski resorts

sshier

Pictures of 19 acre thinning mostly soft maple I got out ahead of the slasher crew a couple days in hopes of cutting it all before they get done on last block only had 1 1/2 hrs in and buncher went down so I'll be flying in the morning to get done.

50 acre thinning is done picking up the last trees and cleaning skid trails

sshier

Last loads left landing today.

Thank You Sponsors!