iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

adjusting carb

Started by momark, March 26, 2014, 12:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momark

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but how do you get around the caps on the adjustment screws that don't allow any type of screwdriver head to adjust them? Rookie question I know, but I guess this is the place to find out.

Bob Rooker

I just bought a new Husqvarna 440e chainsaw with the type of carb adjusting screws you are referring to and I found the adjusting tool on e-bay for 10.XX plus about $5.00 shipping.  This tool is advertised to be used on Poulan weed eater carbs but works great on my Husky chainsaw.  I don't know what kind of chainsaw you have but if it is a Husky, it should work!  If you need more info, let me know.  Bob

JohnG28

What is the make and model of saw you're speaking of? There are different types of limiters on different saws. Give us some more info and should be able to help out. There are splined screws like was mentioned but others have plastic caps differing in configuration.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

momark

The saw in question is a Husky 137 but I also have a Husky 345 which of course could need adjustment someday also.
Thanks,
Mark

momark

Well I'm guessing it requires a special tool, but where do I get it? Does Bailey's carry them?  Would a local dealer sell them?

JohnG28

Your 137 is probably same as the 142 I have, which is the splined screw. Ebay or the net is probably easiest way to find one.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

sawguy21

Trim back half the plastic on an electrical butt connector. Cut a slot on the exposed end then jam the other end over those DanG limiter screws. Use a small screwdriver to fine tune.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

momark

Ok guys, thanks for the info.

Thank You Sponsors!