iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First ever ambulance ride.

Started by pineywoods, February 04, 2018, 07:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Took my first ambulance ride thurs night. Had a minor surgery to remove a hen egg sized growth off my back. required anesthesia . All went well until I got home, then urinary system shut down completely.. Swollen belly, intense pain. Called ems, took me to er. They installed a catheter and sent me home, no room in the hospital. I have an appointment with a urologist to see if he can figure out what went wrong. Indications are I had adverse reaction to something in the anesthesia. Whatever it was, don't want to do that again..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

OK lets review the FF members rules,
No ladders
No ambulance rides
Wear your chaps
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

Rule  #4 what goes in gotta come out

Hoping for a speedy rebound. I did that in my 20's after a hernia surgery, it worked itself out after a few days. No fun atall, I feel for ya. Stay hydrated despite what you want to do  ;)

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

69bronco

DelawhereJoe

Possibly time to invest in some carbon monoxide detectors, I have them in an outbuilding that has a ventless LP fireplace and my house. If I'm just starting to lite my woodstove and the heater kicks on it has drawn some smoke back into the house, only one or twice but it has happened........well looks like I completely missed the right topic to post this on....hmm sorry......praying for you
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ed_K

Happened to me after 1st kidney stone, hope you feel better soon.
Ed K

Stephen Alford

Some humbling to have your life in the hands of others. Glad your on the mend. Go easy  :)
logon

pineywoods

Everything is about back to normal.. Catheter is gone, Doc gave me a bottle of pills, said go home and come back in 6 months. Turns out this is a well known and fairly common side effect of anesthesia. I go back to visit the surgeon for followup next week, then back sawing. Neighbor unloaded 15 big pine logs yesterday and today, wants 4/4 X 6 and 4/4 X 8..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chuck White

That's good news Piney!    8)   :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

caveman

I found this late but I'm glad to read that you are getting back in the flow, Pineywoods.  Continue to heal well and don't push too hard too soon.
Caveman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hope you're feeling better Piney and can get back to work.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!