iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

forwarding trailer help

Started by EricR, August 29, 2013, 04:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricR

I have a primero 8 forwarding trailer with the ability to add a hydraulic cylinder to articulate the tongue.  As of now there is just a steel plate that locks it.  I am looking to add a cylinder and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the cylinder  bore should be.

beenthere

Do you have a pic of the connection points and have a measure of the "throw" that the cyl needs?

Bolt/pin diam might be an indication to cylinder size/bore too. But someone may have that trailer and/or have a parts manual for the Primero 8.

In this video, can be seen a steering cylinder, that smacks to me of 2", near the end where the steering cylinder feature is shown.  This is on a Farmi Primero 9000 so may not apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caTmhGEZwec
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Call the dealer,they should be able to look it up and tell ya. What are you pulling the trailer with,hp too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

EricR

I tried the dealer route.  they didn't seem to want to help couldn't give me specs just a part number and what it costs. I pull it with a international 504 (50hp).  I was kinda just hoping someone on here had one and could let me know.

thecfarm

That dealer is a big help.   ::) I know of a couple like that. I don't have that color now.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

I thought you could maybe decipher the size from that video. Guess not. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

EricR

Im pretty sure the trailer in the video uses 2 cylinders, one on each side, where mine only uses one I found the parts schematic for that one on the farmi website.  I would think that would mean they would use two smaller ones. 

Thank You Sponsors!