iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what sawmill is this?

Started by kramexter, February 13, 2012, 08:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramexter

Hello,

I'am from Croatia (Europe), and I bought a portable sawmill without any documents.
My question is can You help me too find the producer on the trailer is mark Canada and it is equiped with Köler petrol engine 25hp. Pictures are in my album.

Thank You in advance!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Kramexter.

Perhaps a name on a dataplate on the mill itself.
Sometimes, even the color-scheme of the mills will allow for identification.

Provide as much information as possible and someone may be able to tell you the name of the sawmill.

edited!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kramexter

Thank You.

I changed my first post and I added some pictures maybe this can help.

Meadows Miller

Gday

First Off Welcome to The Forum Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) Now with the mill Im not sure what breed it is but it looks a bloody good strong mill with a dang good power plant  ;)  ;D ;D 8) Now I have seen alot of good mills coming out of your part of the world over the years and this looks like another one   :) Stick around and tell us more about yourself and share in the The Forum Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sandhills

Welcome to the forum kramexter, sorry I'm not gonna be much help but with the pictures you posted someone here will know.

kramexter

Thank's

I made some changes to original mill that I bought,

1. the engine for leveling the construction of weels was broken and the owner lose it,
    I put it one DC engine 42v, and becouse the mill have 12v eletricity, we made conwerter ( the green      box with two red buttons) and now I have 12v, 24v, and 36v eletricity heheeh

2. for loading logs we made rap on right side, and on the other side I put the winch for thrailer's

This all You can see on third picture

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, kramexter.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecol

it looks to be home or amish built

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us what length of blade it uses?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

I've seen this brand of mill before but I can not remeber what it is.
What part of Croatia are you from. I was in Croatia for some time near Zadar, on Ugljan. Beautiful country and wonderful people. One of the men I work with now is from Zagreb, and another is from Dalamatia.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kramexter

I used woodmizer blade 38mm (1.49 inch) wide and 5100 mm (200.78 inch ) long.

I'am from litle town Topusko, about 100 km south from Zagreb.

LeeB

I never went there. I hope some day to visit Croatia again.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kramexter

I hope You will visit my country again, it is small but it is beautiful. Than You can visit me.
Now I'am starting a small business with this mill because I got fired from my job 31.12.2012.("because world crisis").

terrifictimbersllc

Welcome Kramexter.  I visited your country in 2008 with a good friend  who comes from Ugljan "Isle of olives". We took a bus from Zadar to visit a beautiful park on the way to Zagreb.  I am sure you know this park, it has a number of lakes connected by waterfalls, lots of trees there and very beautiful. Hopefully I will visit him again when he moves back to his family home in Ugljan.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

TreeWinder

Trailer frame looks identical to an old Enercraft, saw carriage I not sure of. Maybe an early  model With updated engine
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

wdncno

Looks to me like a mill made by William Bevan.  He had/ has a shop on Falkenburg Road, north of Bracebridge, Ontario. He built a number of mills over the years, always making little improvements mill to mill. They were very heavily built and I had one for several years before buying a swing mill.  One neat feature mine had was a receiver for the removable tongue at each end. Only one balanced properly for road towing, but the other meant if you were in a nasty spot, you or someone else could pull the mill out.  As I recall all his mills used old Johnson or Evinrude gas tanks (lots of them to be found in this  part of the country).

roger 4400

Hi and welcome Kramexter. To me your mill looks like an early Enercraft the model could be a Silva (Enercraft Silva 30) . Now if you want to see the new model the company was bought and now the name is Baker , yours is almost identical (talking about the frame and  handles) look at a Baker sawmill 18HD. Your frame looks like the Enercraft made of 2X6 X3/16 tubing and an 1X1 angle soldered to it for the carriage wheels to roll on it. Enercraft was made in Ontario, Canada. On the Silva 30 the bandwheels were 24 inches.
I own an Enercraft-Baker 18HD, your handles looks like mine, the trailer also. Can you remove the whole trailer if you unbolt 4 nuts??? Have a nice day. Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

kramexter

Thank's again on welcome!

Thank You all on help especally to wdncno - please can You give me some contact e-mail of William Bevan

Thank You all but I search the internet and it is not Enercraft  Silva 30

Thank You Sponsors!