iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS-440 muffler removal

Started by Ga Mtn Man, May 17, 2015, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Can anyone tell me how to remove the muffler on an Echo CS-440?  The bolts/nuts are buried 3" down a shaft in the muffler and I can't tell what they are. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ladylake

Just sent you a PM,  4 mm, make sure to use a good quality allen, nothing worse than stripped screws.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Thanks Steve.  All I have is some low-quality allen wrenches.  I guess a trip to HD is in order :-\.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

bandmiller2

Mt. Man, what helps is to dip the end of the allen wrench in valve grinding compound and be sure its bottomed out in the bolt head. The grits give it a good grip on the bolt head. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

4x4American

Sounds like a good trick, Frank C. 

Heat usually helps things move...so if you're having a hard time try getting it hot.
Boy, back in my day..

SlimJim

Hey Mtn Man -

Try these will last a lifetime-

http://wihatools.com/

spray some penetrating oil into the tubes let sit for 20 minutes, then remove.

Thank You Sponsors!