Sponsors:

fuel prices

Started by lumbertick, February 22, 2014, 03:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

4.29 for on road here last I checked but I try not to look its too depressing
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

Way to much! Our played in full every month fuel card hit it's limit and stopped working! >:(
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

SwampDonkey

Well, since we aren't building more capacity, this is the price for "not in my back yard". Plus the tax man with his hand in the wallet. I think their are still hidden taxes in those off road prices. Every step to deliver it to the tanks has a value added tax: refining, wholesale margin, retail margin... before you even get to delivery. Seems to me on the farm there was only 3 - 5 cents difference. :-\

You take this week's benchmark price for low sulfur diesel, it's $0.976/10/litre, by the time I pump it into my tank from the gas station pump it's $1.54/litre and I'm near a refinery, 3 hrs away in St John.

When the latest premier got elected he said no new tax hike on earnings, but he got more through a 2.5 cent a litre fuel tax hike. We got scammed big time. ::) A 2 cent HST hike is cheaper in my math. And this year he's getting that income tax hike he put off. The poorest province, pays the most tax. Doesn't that mean we need to downsize the government, too many services, not enough money. Either that or civil service pensions are too high. That's been another battle.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

On road diesel runs about $1.52/litre ($5.75/us gal) right now.  Off road is usually about 20+ cents cheaper/litre but the paperwork to get a permit is a pain.  I burn approximately 1500 litres a week cutting wood so the permit is necessary. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

timberlinetree

Are the oil companies making money?I'm not  >:(

HiTech

$4.49 here yesterday for on road, haven't bought off road in awhile...need to do that this week. The price of fuel and tires makes it hard to make a nickel.

RayMO

$3.69 here for on-road fuel.
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

timberking

$3.51 for off road and $3.79 for taxed.  About to go up.  Unleaded is $3.15.

Upnorth

$5.86 a gallon here in NW
Ontario for clear, not much better for coloured. Worst it's ever been.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

36 coupe

We are getting ripped off.Saw a bit that said a Canadian oil co is producing 300000 barrels a day and selling at 70 bucks a barrel .They are pushing for a pipeline that would get a 100 bucks a barrel selling to Asia.This high priced fuel will destroy our economy.Banks are robbing savings depositors by paying 1 tenth of 1 percent interest.Look at all the new banks being built.How long can this go on?

SwampDonkey

Low interest rates to borrow money is a fraud statement. The borrowing is on credit cards at 20-30%. I think the 18% to borrow back in the 80's is far better, don't you? I can remember borrowing $3000 was a big deal, they usually wouldn't do it. But racking it up on a credit card was fine. More fraudulent methods to serve greed. May not be fraud, but anyone can see the wizard behind the curtain on that deal. ;)

As consumers of the $70 oil, we don't see it because the government sets prices up here based on NY harbour price, which is that $100 world price.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BargeMonkey

And thats the truth. Ive been in the oil industry since I got out of high school. 75% of fuel used in Boston and north comes from Everett refinery in Canada. Theres so much crude work in the gulf right now they cant build boats fast enough. Licensed captains mates engineers with experience are getting 8-1200 A DAY...  im on my 3rd run of gas in a week, feeding the I-95 monster.

goose63

And we don't have a oil man in office who are we blame now that George B is out of D C ?
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

redprospector

Quote from: goose63 on March 06, 2014, 05:18:18 PM
And we don't have a oil man in office who are we blame now that George B is out of D C ?
Hahaha. Yeah, Diesel was what? Around $2 bucks when the current "person" took office.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

ffpup

Off road 3.54 On road 3.79-3.89. Only thing I say when I fill everything up is "I'm glad I got the money to fill it up" Cause if I didn't it would mean I wasn't working. There really isn't any reason for it to be that high though.
00 Vance 471 Detroit power

timberlinetree

It's getting out of control >:(.

giant splinter

I'm traveling north on the west coast, in Bakersfield Ca. I found a Shell station that was $4.69 ( this area is gaged with oil wells ) less than six miles from that Shell station is a Chevron where I paid $3.69 ............ thanks to a phone app known as "gas buddy" ,  it works for diesel also.

That is for low end regular grade gasoline ....... one buck a gallon and within six miles of each other in an oil producing area not far from a refinery.
roll with it

Woodboogah

I use gas buddy regularly and it  works well.  On another note NH has proposed a fuel tax I believe is 12 cents over 3 or 4 Yeats.  The gov. Said she would sign it if it hits her desk. Its supposed to be for rd repair, I think it will go to a big project in the state (I93) thats is said to depleted its funds already.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

HiTech

bought off road yesterday. $3.89 per gallon. Kerosene for the salamander was $4.39 per gallon. Didn't dare look at road diesel. lol 

36 coupe

Quote from: cutter88 on February 22, 2014, 06:19:26 PM
Huntsville Ontario was $1.35 per litre off road and $1.44 for on road
Canada is producing a lot of oil.So much that they are working on a pipeline to Texas.US oil will be added  to the line and sold to china and other countries.Not one drop will be used in Canada or the US.Look up Keystone pipe line.Read it and weep.

SwampDonkey

There's another one coming east to the refinery in St John, 1 million barrels a day.

Woodboogah

Just passed fuel station next town over and on rd is down to 3.99.  Seems like it spikes comes down a little but never back to before the spike.  Consumers are happy it came down.  Then the cycle starts over.  Just like everything else send it over seas.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

RKH Logging

clear: 144.9/L... dyed:132.9 northern ontario.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: 36 coupe on March 08, 2014, 08:05:53 AM
Quote from: cutter88 on February 22, 2014, 06:19:26 PM
Huntsville Ontario was $1.35 per litre off road and $1.44 for on road
Canada is producing a lot of oil.So much that they are working on a pipeline to Texas.US oil will be added  to the line and sold to china and other countries.Not one drop will be used in Canada or the US.Look up Keystone pipe line.Read it and weep.

How much money do you think the tug/barge and rail companies stand to lose if they put that pipeline in ?  Anyone seen all the crude moving out of Albany NY lately..? I was on a 125k barrel vessel filling in a few months ago, one unit left, we pulled in, 9 hours later the big unit pulled in behind us. Would you wanna lose millions in work to a pipeline..?   :D

goose63

road fuel 3.79 last week in Summet S D last week
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!