iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

velocity fuses?

Started by starmac, April 23, 2018, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

I have a question about the velocity fuses on my old woodmizer. Mine looks a little different than pictures of the replacements, as they have female threads in each end,an elbow coming out to the hose and a short nipple on the other end to screw into the cylinder.
The nipples are both bent and cracked (leaks) but do not want to break lose from the fuse, can I heat the fuse itself or is there something inside it that heat will damage? I suspect it is just metal with a restricted hole in it, but am not 100% sure.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Jim_Rogers

Sounds like a job for blue creeper.
If it's broken and leaking then it doesn't matter about the heat. Just do burn up beyond what you need to save.
You should post a picture of your set up.
Mine is male on both ends with a spring thing inside to activate when you need it.
They should have replacement parts for your machine, unless someone else put something else on it. Or give you an idea of how to work around your situation.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dave Shepard

There should be a spring and a little disc with holes in it in there. The spring probably won't survive heating. The replacements ate soils in pairs, as they are rated for gpms. I think mine are 5 gpm fuses.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!