iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made some fancy stickers

Started by hackberry jake, April 16, 2014, 12:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

They're a little weaker in beam strength but I figure it will cut down on sticker stain and help even out air flow. They took too long to make to be feasable but I like spearmentin.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Larry

While your spearmentin try running the dado length ways.  We used to have a member that was a full time wood peddler.  He sold a lot of basswood which is subject to stick stain.  Said the stain was eliminated by the groove. 

Of course one of those fancy stock feeders would help. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Den Socling

hackberry jake

Quote from: Larry on April 16, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
While your spearmentin try running the dado length ways.  We used to have a member that was a full time wood peddler.  He sold a lot of basswood which is subject to stick stain.  Said the stain was eliminated by the groove. 

I know a guy that has two grizzly stock feeders. He doesn't even use one of them. It just sits around in his storage trailer collecting dust.  smiley_flipping

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Larry

Well, that was way back a couple of weeks ago. :D :D  Last week I had one feeder on the table saw and the other on the shaper.  Ran moulding all week.

http://youtu.be/2QyMHDb3jz0

This week I still have the feeder on the table saw and running low grade oak strips for laminated counter tops.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

hackberry jake

That didn't look like a low grade board to me... I guess a guys gotta pic a good one if he's gunna video it  :D

YellowHammer

Quote from: Larry on April 16, 2014, 01:41:43 PM

Not sure who the other guys was but there is still one member who does it
I wouldn't dry white wood without these - poplar, maple, and basswood, or any high grade wood that I want to reduce drying risk.
I hate sticker stain as much as some folks hate sweet gum, pecan and powder post beetles.
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

I once sawed a job for a customer that used these.

Yup, he cut lengths of bamboo cane for stickers. :o  I have no idea how his lumber turned out, because I sawed and left.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!