iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JC Saw bandsaw mills

Started by Curly_Woods, September 03, 2002, 08:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curly_Woods

Hello to all,

I am a new participant to this group.  I am the owner of Curly Woods, a retailer of figured North American woods located just north of Dallas, Texas.  Our primary business is sales of lumber, but we are considering of branching out to custom sawing for urban customers.
  I have looked at the Woodmizer sawmills and am quite impressed with their quality and wealth of customer support.  I have looked at the Baker sawmills and they look like they are well built saws also.  I have recently seen a sawmill from a company called JC Saw in southern Missouri that looks very good based upon build quality and pricing.  Has anyone ever sawn or been around anyone that uses any of the JC Saw bandmills?  There are a lot of bandsaw mills manufacturers out there, but only a handful that I feel make high quality portable production bandmills.  

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your input  :)

Bibbyman

Welcome CW.  

Sorry, I've never heard of a saw JC Saw bandmill so I can't help you there.

I can tell you lots about a Wood-Mizer and the company.  But if you've read many of these threads,  you've already heard most people are pleased to ecstatic with their Wood-Mizers.

Nice web site. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Curly_Woods

Hey Bibbyman,

I am sorry that I have not dropped by to visit with you yet!  I have not been back up to Missouri recently, but I am still interested in looking at your available lumber inventory when I do drive up.  

Steve

I haven't heard of that one myself. I have a friend who is going to Alabama(somewhere in the south down there) today to buy an S and E bandsaw mill. He looked at a lot of bigger bandmills and choose this one.

I don't know anything about them either but do respect my friends ability to recognise a good sawmill/value when he sees one.

Hey Curly woods. I have curlykoa
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Dugsaws

Welcome Curly,
      Have you heard of Log Master mills, I think they are made in your home state, I dont know what part of Texas but i am sure they are made there I got some litature from them, and they seemed to be a strong looking mill to me any way. Just a thought
Here is there web page
         http://www.logmaster.com/Default.htm
          Doug
Doug

woodman

No but i like the name if you know whit i mean  8) 8)
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!