iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On for the truck fans.

Started by Ianab, October 29, 2016, 12:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Some footage of local trucks negotiating a winding / hilly bit of road about an hour North of us.

Couple of log trucks leaning on the engine brakes, and a serious looking (and very new) forestry rigged excavator going past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvaCBfG2otM
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

coxy

got some neat trucks over there  that last truck if here would have taken down every wire on the road     the yellow log truck with the loud jak  sounds like a c 400 big cam with a little work done to it  ;D thanks for the video Ian

Skip

How did u get all those drivers to wash and wax those rigs before u made the video  :D  Cool video thanks

Magicman

That was totally fascinating.  I was amazed at the different truck designs, plus all of the steering wheels were on the wrong side!!!  :o  I am afraid that I would have a brain fart and get run over.   :-\

How about that glimpse of a '56 Chevy.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Very neat!   I thought I saw a 56 Chevy near the end!

DanG

Impressive!  The Chevy caught my eye too.  :)  Interesting that most of the trucks have tandem fronts. You never see that here.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Den Socling

Yes indeed that was interesting! You sure use a lot of wheels over there. And, Magicman, I've driven in NZ. Pulling out from side streets would freak me out. You have to drive over to the "wrong" side of the street.

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Magicman on October 29, 2016, 09:01:45 AM
That was totally fascinating.  I was amazed at the different truck designs, plus all of the steering wheels were on the wrong side!!!  :o  I am afraid that I would have a brain fart and get run over.   :-\

How about that glimpse of a '56 Chevy.   ;D

I agree wholeheartedly!  The thought of driving on the opposite side of the road is terrifying to me.

sandhills

Something tells me my little 318 DD wouldn't like that mountain much, plus I don't think I could get her clean enough to run with those rigs  :D  That would be quite a drive though, thanks.

sawguy21

The road looks like a section of highway 3 through southern B.C. except everybody is driving on the wrong side. ;D I too was intrigued by the truck configurations, straight jobs with four and five axle trailers. What about the fourth truck axle, does it steer? I would think it would scrub badly if not.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

Say when

David Freed

That was interesting. Reminds me of some of the places I've been.

Ljohnsaw

The two front axle sets that steer are pretty common over there?  The only time I see them here is on the huge concrete pumper/cranes and then they have 2 or 3 rear axles and all tires look like skidder tires - real wide and crazy tall.

Wonder what your axle weight limits are?  Is that road recently paved or is it just low axle weights preserving it.  Our roads are always getting beat to heck from the trucks.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ianab

Axle limits are pretty strict, hence the tandem steer front end on the straight trucks. I think the all up weight for a regular unit is 44 ton, the ones with the yellow H plates are certified for 50 or 54, but are only allowed on certain roads. Most of those trucks would be running 600+ hp to let them keep up a decent average speed up those hills.

That section of road takes a beating with the heavy trucks up and down through those corners. It's constantly being resealed. It gets closed from time to time by slips and flooding. The detour add about 3 hours to the trip North. There's talk of putting in a large diversion to avoid it, but the whole area is mess of steep hills, gullies and mudstone.  So it would be a huge project.

The green truck hauling LPG is part owned by Lil's cousin, and the milk tanker is one of about 120 based locally. This time of the year (peak milk) they will be running 24 hours a day with 3 shifts of drivers.  And washing your milk tanker is part of the job description, at the end of every shift.

We had a chuckle at the cars overtaking the last truck in that convoy of 4. They would have got past, then Dang, three more trucks in front, and no more passing lanes for about 10 miles.  >:(  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Interesting!! That log truck at the 5 minute part,no chains or straps to hold down the logs?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Oh yes, several chains on both the truck and trailer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Oh well,I guess I missed it. I figured they had to be there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

Neat! Thanks for posting! The tire companies must do well  there :D.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Dakota

Thing I noticed was the number of cab-overs compared to conventional tractors(only saw that one green KW).  In the USA, at least in the West, you rarely see a cab-over tractor any more.
Dave Rinker

Thank You Sponsors!