iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 SimpleSet Memory

Started by Ga Mtn Man, November 15, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

The SimpleSet on my mill has always been "random" with regards to retaining the thickness settings (SET1, SET2).  Sometimes it will revert back to the defaults when I shut down to change the blade and other times I've returned to my mill after being shut down for several days and found my previous settings still there.  I've never been able to determine a pattern in how this thing retains it's memory.

What do you guys with SimpleSet see on yours?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ncsawyer

I have simple set on my mill, and to the best of my memory, it keeps the same settings until I change them. 
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

bkaimwood

bk

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can turn mine off and the next day the same settings are there as I left them.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

GMM,

Mine retains setting for a short time even when turned off but not long enough for a blade change or such. After longer time reverts to default (1-1/8 & 1-1/4).

I use mine extensively. Much more accurate than me trying to read the scale.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

reswire

Mine stays exactly where I set it.  Never changes at all. 
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

barbender

Is there a "save settings" function? On my old "Setworks", if I change a setting, I have to go into the system and select the "save settings" option, or it reverts to the last saved setting when it is turned off.
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Is there a small battery on the circuit board to save settings? Maybe time to add a fresh battery if there is...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

millwright

Mine never changes on its own , but sometimes it will go on manual by itself, then I just hit auto mode and it goes back to previous setting

John S

Mine also retains its settings from one job to another.  It has never gone from auto to manual (or vice versa) on its own.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

WV Sawmiller

When I first got my mill at one point the SS would not move back to manual when the touch screen was touched. No big issue - could toggle the key on and off without ever letting the motor stop and would move back. WM immediately sent me a replacement touch screen and said moisture likely under contact point. Was an easy fix under warranty and prompt response by WM. Other than that has worked fine and as I said earlier I love it and use my exclusively for the increased accuracy over me reading the screen.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sixacresand

My LT40 seems to hold its SS values. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ga Mtn Man

It would seem that losing the presets when powered down is not normal but since it's never happened while sawing and usually keeps them for days, I'm going to call it a problem not in need of a fix.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on November 16, 2015, 08:22:49 PM
It would seem that losing the presets when powered down is not normal but since it's never happened while sawing and usually keeps them for days, I'm going to call it a problem not in need of a fix.  :)

Carry on!  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all might not believe this but this is true.
Sometimes I call Woodmizer just to shoot the sawdust and sometimes they call me to do the same.

During one of our sawdust shooting discussions, Simple Set and Accuset has been talked about before.
We all need to remember, SS and AS are nothing more than a small computer.....
As is our phone, lap tops, tablets, watches, etc.

My simple set sometimes throws up an ERROR alert. It was determined and I can make it do it know  ;D,
that when turning BIG CANTS that weigh a small ton, the slamming of the weight on the mill bed can sometimes make "your small computer" do something funny. The jarring and concussion can even clear your settings sometimes. No big deal....just turn it off and let your "computer" reset.....just like "rebooting" your home computer.  :)
Now with this being said......as long as I'm sawing good lumber and know how my particular mill acts during certain conditions.....I'm a Happy Goat.  :D

Kbeitz

Most computers even small one have somewhere a small on board battery to hold memory.
Are you sure that the simple set does not have one ?
If you can change the settings something got to hold that memory when shut down.
It's like your car radio. If the on board battery is dead and you unhook the main battery
you loose the clock and presets.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

SawyerBrown

Never lost any of the settings (even over a long period of time), but it will go from "auto" to "manual" if you hit the "up" switch several times in a row ... like when you come down on top of the cant and it keeps dropping because you forgot to set it back to "manual" ... and you're not intentionally trying to stretch the blade ...   ::)
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!