iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cordless Tools

Started by clintnelms, August 16, 2016, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Quote from: OldMasterTech on August 18, 2016, 09:02:06 AM
Quote from: clintnelms on August 17, 2016, 07:23:18 PM
I don't understand what's up with the worm gear saw and brushless tools. Someone explain the difference and benefits please.

The average circular saw user probably does not need a worm drive saw. If you're a framer or assembler of building components (beams, trusses) you'll use it often.
Ripping 2x stock is probably my most used application, also trimming long runs. Picture assembling a 40' wall with sheathing and trimming the sheathing full length.
The worm drive will do these tasks effortlessly and not heat up. The overall length of the tool allows ease  of staying straight on a chalkline.

Makes sense, Thanks!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clintnelms

Quote from: caveman on August 17, 2016, 08:46:26 PM
I bought a pair of Li Rigid drills several years ago.  I really liked them for a month or so.  The batteries failed, the receipt ink disappeared and I was not able to get the batteries replaced under warrantee.  I do like the DeWalt cordless tools and have had good service out of them.  If they have cords, l like Milwaukee tools although the wire in the older ones must be the same stock as Mercury used in their outboards-it does not hold up too well.

Did you not register them online? You are supposed to register them online in order to receive the warranty. I looked at the website and it's very easy to do.

Bruno of NH

Brushless tools are the best use them every day all day long .
Multi tool circ saw drill driver replacing truck loads of 1x8 shiplap on 300 condo units .
The brushless tools run so much better . Lighter to .
Fest tool has a new cordless small trac saw coming out for small trim cuts , looks to be a super tool for what I do for work .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

caveman

I did not register the Rigid drills on line.  At the time of the purchase, I did not realize that I needed to register them on line.  I still use the bag that they came in to carry my DeWalt drills and some other small tools-awesome bag.
Caveman
Caveman

opticsguy

I was running away from cordless tools, having been frustrated with two sets of Makita drills, different vintages (4 drills total) and all the batteries died, at least early for me and I am not a heavy user. Cheaper to buy new tools and batteries than batteries only.   So out came all my corded tools and been working hard for the last year or so.  Suddenly  I am now totally vested into the Milwaukee cordless tools with fuel batteries, etc.  The 7.25 inch circ saw cuts long time and efficiently and far away from an outlet and up on roofs etc.  The drills are incredible, have two, also the recip saw both large and single handled versions and thinking about the 3.5" planer.  The Milwaukee tools are worth the price!!!
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

clintnelms

Battery technology has come a long way in the last few years. I believe all major brands have decent batteries now. A lot of them are probably made by the same manufacturer. My Makita batteries have lasted a long time with no problems. Lithium batteries are so much better than the old NiCd batteries. I did almost by a new combo drill set from Milwaukee though. Home Depot has a special where you get a free tool choice with the purchase. I really only needed the cordless saw so I ended up just getting the makita saw. Used it a few times so far and it cuts better than my corded skill saw. Very happy with it so far. When and if I burn up my Makita tools I'll definitely be taking a hard look at Milwaukee tools as a replacement.

Thank You Sponsors!