iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ugly Peruvian Dog

Started by Mark M, August 25, 2004, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

This is the uglyist dog I've ever seen. My wife and I saw it at some ruins in Lima. We are down here doing some work for the Cat dealer.

Here are some pictures that are not quite as ugly: More Pictures

jerry-m

Enjoyed all the other pictures, Thanks...

Jerry

Patty

Great photos, Mark. Looks like you and your wife are enjoying yourselves.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Paschale

That dog reminds me of a Chinese crested.  I was staying with people who owned one, and it was always jumping onto my lap.  It's a disgusting feeling touching those things, since they're hairless--it just ain't right!  The scary thing about these, they've been bred to be this way.  At least Mark's Peruvian dog is a wild one.  Why anyone would want a dog like that is beyond me!

Thanks for sharing the pics Mark--I especially like the one of the elderly Sierra woman.  Hope you're enjoying your trip!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Tam-i-am

The pics were awesome.

Will you or did you get a chance to go to Cusco and Machu Picchu?

I understand that guinea pig is a delicacy down there, did you try it?
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Buzz-sawyer

Could you explain the ruins? were the chosen women sacrificed......what went on there? ??? ???
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

sandmar

oh Mark,alpacas and no llamas? I will have a hard time telling my daughter..she has 25 llamas..none as ugly as that dog thank goodness :o Looks like a wonderful trip..thanks for sharing

Sandmar

Mark M

Dan - that's a pretty fancy dog, I've seen pictures of those but not one in person.

Tam - No I haven't got to Cuzco yet, this time we did plan a few days off and probably could have gone but money was a little tight so maybe next time. Have you been there? I haven's seen Guinea pig (Cuy) on the menu's here in Lima but I am sure it is available. I don't know if I'll try that or not. :o

Buzz - From what I understand they were old women and girls and the old women trained the girls I think skills of motherhood, but I am not sure. There was also mention of concubines or porcupines or sumpin like that. I also got the impression that some may have been for sacrifice but I am not sure. Our guide was hard to understand.

Sandmar - we saw some llamas at the zoo but I didn't pay to much attention to them because we have them right in Bismarck. They have another similar animal here called the vicuña that has really soft hair. From what I understand it is the finest quality with alpaca being second and llama being third (but the most durable). In the city where our hotel is (Miraflores) there are many stores that have fine woolens and clothing made of these animals. It is very soft and beautiful (and EXPENSIVE!). We have visited some Indian markets that have very low prices but not the high quality. I just about bought an alpaca coat for $125 but decided I would probably look funny. It is like those Eskimo fur coats and would probably be very warm.

It is winter down here but the temps are around 65F so I am comfortable in a short sleeve shirt. Many people here are dressed warmly with winter coat and scarf. Also most people are pretty short, which I didn't really notice until my wife pointed it out. She said it was nice to not feel short (she is 5 feet tall). Here she is slightly above average.

We have one more day left of work. I am working on the computer system in the oil lab at the Cat dealer here and Cindy is training their people on coolant analysis. We will be glad to get home on Sunday.

Mark

Tam-i-am

Mark

I have been to Peru, and was not able to find cuy on any menu but at the Cusco Airport they were bringing them on the plane in cardboard boxes with their chickens.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Paschale

I was going through some old posts, and came upon this one made by Mark M.  It made me think of him, so I thought I'd bring it back to the top.  Check out the link to some of his photos.  He loved photography, and his photos are quite good.

And that is one DanG ugly dog!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Mike_Barcaskey

I'd say that dog has a bad case of mange
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

scsmith42

Mark - I concur - looks like some bad mange.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!