iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hired a new Timber Cutter.

Started by richhiway, January 14, 2019, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richhiway

He works hard but he's not much for conversation.....
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

While he worked on the Cherry I managed to get some pine to the mill.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

rjwoelk

If one could just train them to cut the ones we want, probably get into trouble with animal rights, for slave labour, cruelty or something. ;D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

WV Sawmiller

Tasty when slow cooked in tin foil and BBQ sauce.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

olcowhand

Avoid him during breaks- he'll chew your ear off.....
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Crossroads

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

charles mann

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 14, 2019, 06:12:37 PM
  Tasty when slow cooked in tin foil and BBQ sauce.
That they are. Or a pot of rice in a pressure cooker. Even had 1 oven baked with taters, corn and yellow squash
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Southside

I do know the frozen ones will make your dog fart really, really, stinky!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Was he "eager" to go to work? 
Did he tell the tree: "Been nice gnawing you?" 
Did he ask for his paycheck to be deposited in Riverside Bank? 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

lxskllr

That's lamer than the stumps I leave, and it looks like it fell opposite his face cut. Makes me feel better about my work.

Southside

If you could get them to work I suspect they would be exempt from stream setback rules, running logs in the rivers, FLSA, mandatory overtime, minimum wage, OSHA, and all the other regulations that reduce profitability!!   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Quoteand it looks like it fell opposite his face cut.
Wouldn't all his cuts be "face cuts", if he uses his face to cut?
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

charles mann

any of yaw tried nutra rat? just a beaver without a flat tail. i shot 1 in east tx many yrs ago and made surprise stew for the wife. after her first bowl, and on the way for the sec, she asked what the surprise was. i told her it came from the animal that was being stretched and salted in the shed. i was expecting to get the frying pan thrown at me. but to my surprise, she committed to the sec bowl and said it was good.
Temple, Tx

thecfarm

I only had beaver once. A very dark meat that tasted just about like a pot roast. I was shocked!! If it had a more brown color I would of thought it was a pot roast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

No matter what, it's hard to find good help. Too much fiber pull in that high stump.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

olcowhand

I can tell he hasn't been practicing his Bore Cuts, or following any of Belben's posts about creative Falling Techniques........
At least he didn't get 4 or five Bars stuck.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Slingshot

I have taught mine to de-bark the tree before cutting
 them down. This tree is about 18 inches...

WV Sawmiller

Slingshot,

If you'd loan him a ladder he might can finish the rest of that log.

My mom lives in NW Fla and she hates them. They dam up the little run off stream there and every time she goes out and clears the honeysuckle away from some special maple or bay tree she really likes she comes back and finds a pencil shaped stump. My brother says he figures the beavers think she is marking them for them. I told her to plant sugar cane and when they eat it maybe they will get cavities and their teeth will rot out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

terrifictimbersllc

How do they keep their teeth sharp? Everything I cut wood with gets dull.  ??? ???
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Gary Davis

charles mann

i would imagine its like a feral boar hog, as it opens/closes it mouth, the whitters grind against the lower cutters, sharpening to the a point and 2 edges. i figure a beaver opening/closing grinds the upper teeth against the lowers, sharpening them. and since like hogs, they are ever growing, constantly being replenished.
Temple, Tx

Magicman

Eureka, just what we have all been wanting.  7° Beavertooth self-sharpening blades.  smiley_idea
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bearpau

Wm LT 28 johne deere 5003 and a hard head.
Most of all a child of the King

Slingshot

Looks like that one had table-spoon size teeth  :)

alanh

I got these 3 16 ft cottonwood (?) logs from a tree that washed up on the riverbank, the butt log was at least 30" and cut by beavers. All I can imagine is how p`o`d that critter must

have been when the tree fell the wrong way and floated off after all that work..

Thank You Sponsors!