iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Been a heat warning here about 2 weeks. Was about 90 yesterday afternoon. It's showing a warning here once again this morning. It's close to 70 this morning, so she's gonna be hot again.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

66° and I've been on vacation. Kinda on the warm side,but the wind have been blowing.
We went up to Mt Washington,in NH. Weather is cool up there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

61 this morning, and a high of 70 predicted. Nice and cool for a change and no stickies. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Only 58° here this morning!  8)

The weather here is finally starting to return to NORMAL!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

62 this morning 95 by noon I may have to start a night shift here  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Tomorrow we are off to Patten, Maine for the bean hole dinner with biscuits, molasses cake and coffee from the lumberman's camp.  ;D

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Woodcutter_Mo

Fairly hot and humid today, there are chances of rain every day for the next week.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

thecfarm

We are in for a cool night. Got home a little before 8pm. Windows was down in the car. Well I mean mine and the dogs. Wife had hers closed up tight. I was a little cool,but suffered through it. ;D  Really did not feel like just past the first week of August. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

IMERC

more T storms and hail..

sawguy21

It has been hot, in the mid 30's C but supposed to cool off with t storms tomorrow, just in time for a planned boat trip. ::) This is the second time it has been postponed. Rain might give firefighters a bit of a break as long as we don't get a lot of lightning.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

50°   That will slow the flies down.  But saying that,the flies have not been all that bad. We are in the deer flies season now.

SwampDonkey

Flies are about done up here, deer flies have thinned out. Well, at least they were not swarming like they do in the heat over raw meat. ;D

51 here this morning to. But going to be back to the heat Monday and muggy. Looks like a wet week to after that with thunderstorms and showers. ;)

Nice day here for them beans, especially since they cook'm under a big pile of hardwood coals. ;D

Chuck White

Nice cool morning here today!

Went and checked the thermometers at both ends of the house at 6:00 and both read 48°!

Love it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

64° this morning. Much differant in temp.

goose63

Hot box all this week
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Well it got a lot warmer than 70 yesterday, more like 88. Today is hot to. Dryer air than last week, but beginning to turn a bit muggy. Going to be real hot tomorrow.

thecfarm

How was them beans?

SwampDonkey

The beans were great. The biscuits weren't the best though. Cake and coffee was fine. ;D Nice ride out 212 from Smyrna and down 11. :)

thecfarm

Too bad on the biscuits.
Yesterday was kinda sticky out. Won't be many days like that. Almost mid August,I hate to say. But fall is a nice season. Sweatshirt in the mornings,cooler shirt afternoon,sweatshirt in the evening. No bugs.But this year has not been bad. Some years it's hard to be outside. The bugs have drove me inside when the sun has gone down a few times.

SwampDonkey

Muggy air here, looks like showers today. By the looks of the load of ceiling insulation and blower in on the floor of the house, I'd say we was insulating today. Get your masks out. ;D

Chuck White

Temperatures are bearable here (somewhere 80 or just a little over), but the humidity is back with a vengeance, around 75-80%!

Staying near a fan or the swamp cooler!  ;)

dgdrls

Ugly ball of weather the past couple of days swirling around to the southwest and north of CNY.  Town of Lodi in the Finger Lakes got hit hard as did Pulaski,

We have been fortunate here at home.

D

IMERC

lots of rain...
sure do wish it would change to winter...

SwampDonkey

54F here this morning, on the cool side. But going to be in the 70's. :)

Thank You Sponsors!