iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used LT30 value?

Started by tmarch, February 24, 2014, 11:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmarch

Woodmizer LT30 Bandsaw Saw Mill, 18 hp. Vanguard electric start engine. It comes with power feed, power lift and lube system.  There is also an automatic blade sharpener and tooth setter.
there are 10 woodmizer blades.
Any ideas what this is worth before I take a road trip.  Saw has set outside so has faded paint and a little rust.
THANKS
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

tmarch

It's a 1990 model, hours are in the 500 hour range.  Seller said the hour meter was over hours as it starts when the key is turned on and when he shut it down he forgot to turn the key off several times so I'm not sure.

THANKS

Chuck White

How much is the seller asking?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tmarch

$8900-Too much I'm sure, but want some idea before I make a counter offer, not sure what the auto sharpener is worth or what it looks like.

47sawdust

That mill has been for sale for a long time.In the N.E. I'm sure it would have been gone by now.I paid $8000.00 for a 1997 LT30 in 2010.300hours,new 24 hp honda.Granted I think I got a good deal and it is an excellent sawmill.Make him an offer that you feel comfortable with and that is not an insult to the owner.Woodmizer can advise you on the approximate worth.
Good luck
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mikeb1079

a lt30 mill was on the local craigslist awhile back for $4500.  this was w/o the sharpener, and it had a 10hp electric motor.  it sat for maybe 2-3 weeks then sold.  i thought it was a bit high but probably not too bad.  if i wasn't set on hydraulics i may have offered 3500? or so in good working condition.
sorry forgot to mention that this mill was older, think it was late 80's early 90's.  anyways, hope that helps....ALOT depends on age and condition.   :)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

isawlogs

I would give Woodmizer a call and ask them what there thoughts are on the price of the mill. If you had the vin number they would beable to give you some info on that very mill.
  I won't stick my neck out on giving a value on the mill not having any pictures of it or knowing its general condition.
While you have them on the phone ask them what you should be looking at and what to look for on this mill to justify the price.  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!