iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chicory

Started by coxy, July 04, 2015, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

what is it good for

Seaman

A coffee substitute in hard times I believe.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

umm wondering if we are talking about the same thing  a guy gave me 15lb of the seed he said the deer /turkeys go nuts for it it looks to have a blueish/purple flower  :-\ but the pic is faded maybe I dident spell it right there is no righting on the bag just a pic  the seeds are small and white like clover

SwampDonkey

Never heard tell of proliferating it for wildlife. But you guys south of the border have wildlife habitat programs that are unheard of or ever practiced in these parts. Chicory is just a roadside and abandoned field type of weed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

Stu Redman

It's a pretty flower.

pabst79

We plant a couple acres of chicory mixed with clover for the turkeys, they seem to love it. I also bought a can of it as a coffee substitute, a buddy from Missouri swears by it. Umm... I guess its an acquired taste. Pretty gross if you ask me. Does have a pretty blossom though.
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Thank You Sponsors!