iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to get info and some knolage on c4 tree farmers.

Started by logman81, October 17, 2017, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

One other thing I noticed was the rear frame seemed to be longer than a normal c4 and I didn't see any after market welding.
Precision Firewood & Logging

bushmechanic

Depends on what transfer case is in that machine, either a Rockwell T32 or a Cotta. You should have no trouble getting a set of shoes Aftermarket Parts or Davco will carry them.

logman81

Well that's a plus being able to get the parts to keep her going. Just waiting now to figure out what kind of deal we can make.

logman81

Getting real close to making a deal I sold some stuff so now I have some cash flow to put down on it plus I been busy selling firewood.

bushmechanic

logman81

I'm not in possession yet I've been crazy busy with firewood sales and wood lot estimates. But hopefully by the end of the month at the latest.

logman81

Getting really close to getting the c4 im hoping by the end of this week i can bring it home into the shop and go through it before putting it on a job.

bushmechanic

Glad to hear she's getting close, looking forward to pic's.

logman81

logman81

Well finally decided to buy the tree farmer now to shell out the green backs and get it home and into the shop and go through it for its first job. I think i will make out good as it comes with another motor and trans,  both need rebuild but i can have them gone through and fixed so i have replacements should something happen.

logman81

Im excited about working with this machine and going back to work

lopet

So is this the gasser or the one with the Ford diesel ? You looked at two different C4s   right?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

logman81

This is the older gas powered skidder, the other one sold before i could look at it.

logman81

logman81

Would anyone possibly have a parts manual for this skidder?

bushmechanic

I don't think you will be sorry with that machine. If your not happy with the engine you can always swap it for something else. A 172 Ford diesel will be a direct replacement for the gasser. I would love to have a parts manual for my C4B that I'm building into a forwarder, but it probably wouldn't be much good as there aren't much on it original equipment. :D I have a C3B that I've yet to try out also

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

logman81

Wow didn't know they made a c3! Im sure ill be asking lots of questions on it. Its actually still very much a original skidder and its in surprisingly tight shape. One thing i did notice is that it steers very slow. The blade is working as it should with no issues. A guy told me that it has some sort of valve that you can switch to make it less twitchy when at high speed so ill have to look for that after i give it a good degreasing and power wash.  Yes i do have a cell phone but this site will not let me down load pics .

bushmechanic

The valve is located on the left side of the machine almost underneath the radiator. It looks like a flow divider to me and I think it was supposed to be controlled from the dash by cable.

logman81

Yup i found it and flipped it the other way im learning lots!

mike_belben

If yours is kaput, any adustable flow control will work, plumbed into either the A or B steer port in series, as long as its a 2 way restrictor and not a one way.   

If you were using one ways youd need one in each port.  Id mount in cab where i could reach from seat.
Praise The Lord

Puffergas

I think this is your gallery.

http://forestryforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=23822

Then click on "upload". Sometimes it is easier for someone to answer a question if there is a photo.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

logman81

I found the valve and moved it to the other position.  I haven't got to try it yet i have to replace the boat tank on it first to get the fuel delivery system fixed so i can run it.

And yes that is my gallery. It wont even let me download pics to it, ive tried about everything!

logman81

logman81

Thank You Sponsors!