iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotten worm

Started by Den Socling, January 16, 2012, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

We are flying to a warm spot in a couple weeks. Patti bought tickets on line. I wasn't a bit suspicious when I got email saying that our airline tickets were attached. I barely skimmed over the note that my son pointed out was full of errors that should have sent up a red flag. Then I did the ultimate sin. I opened the attached
"tickets" that were zipped! What a dummy! When I went to work this morning, there was nothing but error messages. Stuff like hard drive rotational speed decreased 20% and GPU RAM critically over heated. Garrett (son and savior) has had software running and fixing all day. When we realized where the worm came from, Garrett looked at the message with a computer running UBUNTU and identified the worm. Bottom line: NEVER OPEN A ZIPPED FILE UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE YOU KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM!

Mooseherder

Such evil people in this world. :-[
I hope you're able to get rid of it.

isawlogs

I will never understand why people make these things up. A rope and a limb would suffice to take care of them ifin they was caught. Just saying .... >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Even if you know where it came from, sometimes it's still lethal!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Den Socling

Garrett says it was a very small file. It was intended to make my computer a slave for the scum who sent it. Wouldn't be nice if we could reach out and choke these scumbags?

LeeB

Don't know about nice, but it sure would be satifying.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Den Socling

My computer is STILL being scrubbed. Yes LeeB. It would be satisfying to reach out and choke some rat. Don't those people have any conscience? I pity any of you who get an infection if you don't have the expertise to clean it out. Maybe "MyCleanPC" or some company like that could help but I doubt it. You would have to call them on the phone and tell them you have a package of electronic junk that doesn't respond to anything but it used to be your computer.  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!