iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sayin' Hi..... new here

Started by Cedar Savage, November 16, 2012, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedar Savage

Hi everyone
I just bought a LumberMate 2000 & have been reading & learning here. I do chainsaw carving also  I'm planning on incorporating the two to make benches & stuff.
Lately just cutting up some lumber, out of some old logs, learning how to use it...
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

samandothers

Welcome!

Really smart folks here to answer your questions.  I have learned a great deal.  Every now and then offer a bit.

You will have a great time.

Sawdust Lover

Welcome Cedar Savage! You came to the right place. Enjoy your new mill. 8)

thecfarm

Cedar Savage,welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good mix. ever been around a mill before?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Leigh Family Farm

Welcome! Congrats on the new mill and post some pictures in your gallery of your chainsaw carvings.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Okrafarmer

Welcome to the Forum! Where do you live?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

redbeard

Welcome Cedar savage! What kind of cedar do you use for carving. Iam not a carver but iam a big fan, I try see all the local events and competitions in my area.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

NWP

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Nomad

Welcome to the FF.  You'll like that LM2000.  What accessories did you get with it?  Which motor?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Cedar Savage!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

swampbuggy

Welcome to the forum Cedar. Enjoy your mill! ;D
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Planman1954

From one Savage to another....welcome to the FF!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Cedar Savage

Thanks for all the welcomes.....I'm from michigan, grew up here logging, the only time I was ever around a mill is when I was delivering a load of logs, wish I had some of them logs now!!
I've been carving on & off since the 90's, entered in a few competions. I always wanted a small bandsaw mill, then found one, that was for sale on craigslist close by. It has the 23 hp Briggs, 13 ft of track, I'd like to find some extentions to 20 ft. or more.. It also has the toe boards, & trailer package.

I was real proud when I ripped a couple 2x8's out of a 11"x12' spruce log & they came out straight & true! Big cedars are getting hard to find in the area, so most of my carvings are out of red & white pine. Now when I find any cedar logs, they'll get sawed, not carved.
I'll post some pics, one of these days, but atm I'm heading back out to play in the sawdust!! 8)
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    Cedar Savage.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedar Savage

Here's a pic of some spruce 2x6's I cut yesterday....

thecfarm

That looks like a good set up. Good job on the lumber too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

Factory track extensions work out to around $100 per ft.  Norwood says you can still tow it with up to 2 installed.  The Vanguard 23hp on it that saw will cut about anything that will fit on it easily.  I see you've also got the "JP Setworks Dial" installed; it's a handy accessory.  Nice mill!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!