iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heatmor 200 css, checking the water level when in operation?

Started by dave_dj1, November 08, 2019, 08:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_dj1

I'm new to this thing, I've had it running for two weeks and today I heard it boiling when I opened the outer front door. I just want to check and see that I have enough water in it. The bladder is about 3/4 full.
Thanks

I have fresh water piped into the return side in the house so I can add some water easily.
Should I shut the valve to the bladder off, have the wife watch the furnace outside and yell when it starts coming out the top? I can't see it from where the valve to fill it is.

thecfarm

Well first off,it's only water. ;D I do mine alone. Even when I was doing it inside the house.I fill mine from the top vent now.I just find it is easier.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

I close the bladder, and then just fill until it comes out the top vent. I don't run anything but straight water in mine so I don't care if it spills.
Too many irons in the fire

dave_dj1

Well I added some water this afternoon, I had no way of knowing exactly how much but I don't think it was more than a couple of gallons. 

Wood Shed

Are you saying there is no site glass to tell how much water you have?  My old CB 6048 has a site glass (tube is a better description ) that gives an operating range and full indicator,  would have thought something of that nature was standard on all model, guess not.  Fill mine when cold and have never had to add water during operation, ever in fourteen years of operation.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

thecfarm

I have no idea what he has. But on my heatmor that is 12 years old,there is a piece of rope over the bladder with a metal tag that says fill. When the tag is low,you fill it. pretty low tech, ;)
As I said,I fill from the top. There is a rubber ball with a 6 inch rod through it. Remove the ball and rod and fill it up with a garden hose. I must lose some water do too evaporation.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dave_dj1

Quote from: Wood Shed on November 10, 2019, 06:32:55 PM
Are you saying there is no site glass to tell how much water you have?  My old CB 6048 has a site glass (tube is a better description ) that gives an operating range and full indicator,  would have thought something of that nature was standard on all model, guess not.  Fill mine when cold and have never had to add water during operation, ever in fourteen years of operation.
No site glass, I have the same metal tag that hangs over the expansion tube. This is the first time I have filled it so it could have just not been filled properly the first time. 

thecfarm

I did foget to mention too,on mine,I can just reach up and check the bladder too.

ButchC

I don't have a Heatmore but we also have a fill valve plumbed in the basement. I don't want to add any more oxygen than necessary or flush the chemicals out of the system,  when I add water I send the wife out with her cell phone 😃

Due to bad planning on my part we can barely see the stove from the house ,, there is a shed in the way. Mini cams are getting so cheap that I am  thinking of placing one out by the stove. Pretty sure that there are  apps that will send the  view to my phone??
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

dave_dj1

Yeah I can reach in and check the bladder as well. Like I said, this system is all new to me so I may be just being overly cautious. I'll get it figured out sooner or later. 
Thanks for all of your input.
Mine is only 50' from the house, I can see it from all the rooms on the back of the house.

Thank You Sponsors!