iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'Nother Logrite in the Stable

Started by Magicman, August 11, 2017, 12:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I was successful enough in Jeff's PR "Poston" game to win 4th place which netted me another 60" Logrite Cant Hook, but it needed some slight modifications before it could join my team.

First it needed my customary Reflective Orange Tape, so a bit of cleaning was necessary.  Next, I wanted to dip the handle end to protect it against being damaged.

The cushion rubber handles got a coat of rubber cement so that the plastic dip would adhere.

And then it was a series of dips into this.

To get a nice buildup.

I also gave the old Logrites another dip.

Team Logrite is ready for action.   logrite_cool

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Next time that I come over to saw some walnut lumber, I won't have to bring one  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

The Magicman liquid translations . For adding dish soap to water he uses Glugs.  Now the question is how many plastic dips does it take ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

fishfighter

For some reason I can tell some people just don't have anything better to do with all this rain us south bound people are getting. ;D

I own you one Lynn. ;D

grouch

I want to just stand back a safe distance and watch you use all of those.

Ordered mine last night and it still hasn't arrived. Shouldn't a helicopter be flying over by now?
Find something to do that interests you.

paul case

I would like to ''saw'' one of them at my place so he could ''leave 'em''.

Nice score. If it was anything to do with DP, I thought it would cost $300.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

I thought seriously about getting another 60" when we were at Logrite in July.  The 48" works well with small logs and logs up to ~30".  Logs larger than ~30" need the larger hook as well as the extra length of the 60" to manage them.  I now have two of each.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Thats a purdy good idear for the ends, but, I like to have the hole on the end open to use the 60" logrite as a cheater pipe.  Works good when ya need it
Boy, back in my day..

larrydown60

Sure is purdy I just wish I had just one LOL I have to wait till next weekend to get one. I have a friend going to Booneville show and he will pick me up one. These logs are heavy and I think I am getting to old to wrestle these logs around by hand.

moodnacreek

Can't believe you guys like those fat pipe cant hooks. If you had to use one all day long , all week you would hate them.

grouch

Quote from: moodnacreek on August 12, 2017, 08:17:54 PM
Can't believe you guys like those fat pipe cant hooks. If you had to use one all day long , all week you would hate them.

Y'all are new 'round chere, aincha?
:D

Magicman

Maybe you can't but I certainly can.  Yup, they are perfectly sized to handle the logs that they are designed for.  The sawmill specials have a smaller handle with a bat knob on the end and are for turning lighter weight logs and cants.  The others have man sized handles with a cushion grip that are far superior to wooden handled hooks and peaveys for turning and adjusting larger and heavier logs.

Jeff

Most of us do or have. Maybe you could get them to build you a junior sized model.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 12, 2017, 09:21:40 PM

Most of us do or have. Maybe you could get them to build you a junior sized model.

;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

I use a logrite mill special every day and love it  logrite_cool
Boy, back in my day..

Cazzhrdwd

96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

grouch

Quote from: Cazzhrdwd on August 12, 2017, 10:16:37 PM
Geez MM, you want to sell one? :)

Please save one of those poor, abused LogRites. Look at that stable of scars! The only one not showing evidence of maltreatment is the new one, and we all know its fate as soon as the rain stops. This man even brags about force-feeding them alcohol and compressed air! I expect to see tearful tv commercials about LogRite rescues any day now. Operators are standing by.

Magicman

There are no wimps allowed in my crowd.  You gotta carry your load or it's out of the kitchen for you.

I have more scars that those hooks will ever see. :-\   :D

red

I think you need to build a Stable for your Logrites .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

dgdrls

I was loading cedar yesterday with the "48" and within 10 seconds
I heard "that is an awesome tool" 

6 days to Boonville, adding to the fleet then :)

D

Kbeitz

I still use my grandfathers... It does the job...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

That is only because Logrites never make it to the junkyard.   :D

paul case

I have a blackened log rite cant hook that will hook them from around the corner.
MM, may you be so fortunate to never have any of yours blackened in the same way as mine.
It may be the only one with such a resume'. No wood handled anything could make it through a barn fire.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

There is a second Blackened Logrite in existence that was blackened in the same fire.

It is being shown here by it's previous owner, our late member Willie Steele. (wwsjr)

It is shown here by it's present owner, Marty.  Since Willie bent it, we decided to leave it bent.

DaveinNH

I have looked at that first picture several times and still cant decide if its the grin on your face or the proportion of the Logrite to you that makes you look like a little kid in that picture. Either way you look like a very happy kid at Christmas.
Wood-Mizer LT40HD26     Polaris 6x6 Big Boss
Ariens 34 Ton Splitter       Stihl 460, 261, 70

Thank You Sponsors!