iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Two of my favorite publications

Started by Tom, October 20, 2001, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Everyone has magazines that they look forward to having arrive and these are mine.  There is a long history to Southern Lumberman and they take advantage of it by reiterating highpoints of articles written 100 years ago.  You can find companies represented from as far away as Wisconsin who were doing business in the south at the turn of the century.  Who boutht what land, how many board feet a mill turned out and when new mills were built or relocated.

They are both unique in that their "web" version prints many of the articles found in the magazine.  Local loggers are highlighted and information is given about their families, how they got into business, how they succeed, what equipment they use and you can read in between the lines to find equipment evaluations.

These are two good addresses to place on that little green bar to the left of the page that says "favorite Sites". Just click on "customize your info".

www.southernloggintimes.com and www.southernlumberman.com

marc

Three of my favorite publications are Independent Sawmill & Woodlot Management because they tend to deal with smaller scale operations ones that I can relate to. (http://www.sawmillmag.com)
The next on is American Woodworker because I do a lot of woodworking and it has a lot of tips and how to.(www.americanwoodworker.com)
The last but not least is Outdoor Life because it is about both fishing and hunting the two things I like most.

Ron Scott

"The Northern Logger" is very similar to The Southern Logger in articles, but mainly on a Regional difference.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!