iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ace Industrial Tools

Started by Grizzly, December 28, 2017, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

I have had enough calls for the next 20 years! I have asked many times that they never call me again and a month later I have a new voice and new name telling me about this wonderful new deal they have on. Anyone else having issues with this company? I've complained more than enough but they have a mission to bother as many people as they can and I apparently am one of them.  >:(
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

DDW_OR

first, are you on the do not call list?
https://www.donotcall.gov/

also there is a do not mail list
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email

http://www.directmail.com/mail_preference/

Edit: after posting i then looked at your location and saw you are in Canada. does Canada have something similar?
"let the machines do the work"

petefrom bearswamp

Does Canada have a do not call registry?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Autocar

They call me every now and then acting like I bought tools from them and they new me for years. I never bought anything from them and never will just a pain in the butt !
Bill

Grizzly

I've tried the do not call list but then i was told that our laws only help for calls originating in Canada. If they use that fancy stuff to make it look like the call comes from overseas the list don't work. This is the one and only company that just won't quit. I wonder if they use other methods to get around laws? In Canada we tend to favour the bad guys and hold the good folks responsible.

Ron Wenrich

Call block is your friend.  Since I started doing that, the calls are a lot less.  You should have that in Canada. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Grizzly

Not acquainted with that. Are you talking about a service or a block from our phone? If that is specific to a number it won't work as different number comes up on display everytime they call. I'll google it but if you can educate me more that's good.

coxy

I had calls from some industrial tool selling place in Texas  a few years ago they wanted me to buy like 3000 saw files at 5$ a piece so I told the guy to send them to me  a day later some one else called to verify the order I never answered the phone for 3 days they left lots of messages on my phone they must have got the hint I haven't got any calls since  8) 8) 8)

maple flats

Those robo calls are a true pain. From experience, being on the "do not call" list just seems to send more calls my way. While I'm not familiar with Ace tools (and don't want to be) I get calls all the time, from salesmen acting like we are long time buddies. What a pain in the a*s. I get calls where the number displays as being local but that's a gimmick the callers have come up with to get more people to answer.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ron Wenrich

Its called spoofing.  They show a local number in hopes you'll pick up.  I answered a few like that.  Some were recordings that had you press a number to talk to someone and some had a real person doing an advertising spiel.  I ask them if they are local, since their phone number indicated that they are.  Most will lie to you and tell you that they are.  I then ask them to describe the town, which they can't.  I then tell them I don't deal with dishonest people.  Take me off your list.  I never get calls after that.

Blocking works well for those that keep on calling from the same number.  My answering machine has it.  You can get a call blocker on Ebay that will handle thousands of numbers.  Using the call blocker has really reduced the number of calls.  Local numbers that I don't recognize goes to the answering machine.  Robocalls hang up without leaving a message.  Your friends or customers will normally leave a message.  I don't have a cell phone.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Grizzly

Thanks Ron. I'll check out that blocker.

starmac

Several years ago I started getting multiple calls a day on my 800 number, by some genuine wierdos, lots of them. I would hang up on them after telling them not to call anymore.
My wife finally ask one of them where thye got our number, and it turned out it was advertised on a television show fox network had in Canada.
Calls to the phone company did nothing, it wasn't there problem, same story with fox network, then finally the show itself, same story as long as the advertiser paid for it they were going to run it.

It was some sort of a fortune teller advertising, we finally had to change our number.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Chop Shop

My dad tells them, "please hold and Ill transfer you to our purchasing agent" then he just puts the phone in his back pocket till he hears them hang up.

Chop Shop

Guys on the radio a couple days ago were talking about a robot service you could subscribe to that will ramble on and waste the telemarketers time.

Heres one from a series of calls on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXhGciqo0tM

DDW_OR

I also heard where a telemarketer (TM) called a lawyer, the lawyer then stated that he charges $200 per hour and was recording the call. the TM then kept talking with the layer for over an hour. after the call the layer sent them a bill for his time. the TM refused to pay. the lawyer took them to court and won.

how much of it was true?
still a good story.
"let the machines do the work"

Southside

Personally I have pretended to be an old lady who can't hear well, thinks a niece has called her, is having trouble getting off of the toilet, just stepped in dog doo, and about every other redicilous thing I can think of to see if they will hang up. My wife sits there in stitches and it works every time, they don't call back.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

loganworks2

I had one a few years back that just would not quit calling who was a tool supplier from out west. I finely just played along one day and took all the information about his business that I could get. Was able to track him down and was a legitimate business. I had his business  address, phone number, personal address, and phone. Then I told him never to call me again and hung up. He called right back and started to swear a blue streak and called me all kinds of names. I recorded it all and told him so. Then filed a claim against him with the U.S. attorney's office. I never heard from him again.

Thank You Sponsors!