iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solved: Flame Azalea

Started by Don P, June 03, 2002, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Tom posted a picture of a cousin awhile ago. Its a little late for these but here's a straggler. Another Blue Ridge beauty.

swampwhiteoak

Don P

There Ya go SWO 8)
Flame, or I've also heard deciduous(sp?) azalea. This one was grown from seed by a researcher at NCSU after being told it couldn't be done...Well, they have to spend our money on something after all :D, actually it was just a side project for kicks 8). We had a few but the bambi's have had a heydey on the new growth. The natives are just past now, deadheads still on but bloom is done. Our pinkster's are the first out in spring, then flame's,  mountain laurel and finally rhododendron.

Tom

This group is getting a little quicker on this stuff, eh don?

DanG

They sho' is, Tom.  These last two got by me before I even saw them.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

swampwhiteoak

Beautiful plant.  If I lived in a place with acid soil I'd have a few of these in my front yard.

Don P

There's one of these on the neighbor's place that is big and always packed full of blooms...wouldn't suprise me a-tall if a voice just spoke out of it :D
I'll be crossing all kinds of zones next week...have to try to snap a stumper :D

Thank You Sponsors!