iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next project

Started by Riggs, February 24, 2012, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

New to us, definitely not in any other way :D.
430 Case w/pto winch. Should keep the tinkerers busy for a while.

I think it'll be called Sin...cause that's about how ugly it is ;D
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Rooster

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

hiluxstihl

restore or make useable? good old school tool! restoring an international 444 myself!
trying to get into going on hire doing low impact logging, i love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning!!!

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Riggs

Quote from: hiluxstihl on February 24, 2012, 04:17:19 PM
restore or make useable? good old school tool! restoring an international 444 myself!

Usable, it won't take a lot.
Got any pics of the international?

Norwood ML 26

Chuck White

Sounds like it'll come in very handy, especially with that winch.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

nas

Looks like something Mad Max should be driving :D
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I wouldn't mind having it! I could put it to good use.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

That looks like a fine piece of redneck rolling stock,at least it has ROP.Is the winch a good heavy one?? if so it may work fine in the woods and theft would be unlikely. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Riggs

Quote from: nas on February 24, 2012, 06:44:16 PM
Looks like something Mad Max should be driving :D
I was thinking maybe the A-Team  ;D

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 24, 2012, 08:52:00 PM
That looks like a fine piece of redneck rolling stock,at least it has ROP.Is the winch a good heavy one?? if so it may work fine in the woods and theft would be unlikely. Frank C.
It has been well used, maybe even abused, but should be fine for us. It gives us an option that we didn't have before. Our terrain is pretty steep so we had to keep close to the roads with what we cut, now we can venture out a little more. I'm glad it has ROP as well.

Norwood ML 26

thecfarm

I like it. Don't have to worry about the dents you will put in it. ;D  How many HP? I would like to see some pictures of it in use.  ;D  I would have to stop and look at it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Riggs

Quote from: thecfarm on February 27, 2012, 07:28:51 AM
  I would have to stop and look at it.

C'mon down, I'll have the grits ready. ;D

I'll get some pics when we get it woods ready. Definitely no worries about dents.

Norwood ML 26

thecfarm

There goes that road trip.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Riggs

:D :D
Some of my best friends are from Biddeford, ME....they don't eat grits either. :-\

Norwood ML 26

hiluxstihl

havent been on here in awhile, ill get some when its running, just finished rebuilding the engine... hows your project coming along?
trying to get into going on hire doing low impact logging, i love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning!!!

Riggs

Coming along ok, new brakes, rear tires. Had to make a brake pedal (I work in a machine shop so that was no big deal)
Have re-wired it, the winch works well. Going to re-spool it with new cable and give it a test run soon.

Norwood ML 26

T Welsh

Riggs, I love it!!!! I always have a soft spot in my heart for old iron ;D Tim

tcsmpsi

Looks like a hill climber.    ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Riggs

Quote from: T Welsh on June 18, 2012, 06:59:50 PM
Riggs, I love it!!!! I always have a soft spot in my heart for old iron ;D Tim

I'll have a spot for it once I can use it. Most of my land is very steep which limits what I can cut. Hopefully this will increase my "range" a good bit.

Norwood ML 26

Thank You Sponsors!