iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying pictures of last years project.

Started by never finished, November 29, 2014, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never finished

These are a few pics of son and dil's house we finaly built  this past year. A lot of blue pine.   

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

clww

Great pictures of a fantastic looking house. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mikeb1079

fantastic!

i really like that stone backsplash and the under cabinet lighting....i also like the wood  ;)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

ozarkgem

nice. How much of the lumber did you saw? Snow in Ark!

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

That does look good. Except for the 1 inch of the white stuff.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Yes you did and such a fine job.   Ole "peckerwood sawmill" lumber does quite nicely doesn't it?   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

1woodguy

Looks great!,I want to do something like it with lots of rock.
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

never finished

Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of hard work. 12 months on the build not counting the sawing. We had a couple of set backs, with grandma being sick and the son having spinal viral meningitis. That got pretty scary. 
  The first pic is of grand #2 in front of lumber that was stacked in the barn before it collapsed in Dec. 2012 snow 14".
  Second pic shows dados in 2x6 studs for lathing for siding.
  Third pic is of unstained house. It's hard to tell but the metal on the roof is same color as bottom metal on shop in pic. The house also got the same stain as the shop
  We sawed all the lumber except for the trusses and the pressure treated pine for the porches. It's 1700' heated and 1000'  of covered porches. You can't see the back deck but it is 56' long. All the siding, ceiling, and wanes cot is t&g from the logosol.
  The rocks are fake, but it is still a back breaking job between the cabinets. The fire place is gas. Yes we get a little white stuff in AR and sometimes more than we want.     

ozarkgem

Quote from: never finished on November 30, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
  Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of hard work. 12 months on the build not counting the sawing. We had a couple of set backs, with grandma being sick and the son having spinal viral meningitis. That got pretty scary. 
  The first pic is of grand #2 in front of lumber that was stacked in the barn before it collapsed in Dec. 2012 snow 14".
  Second pic shows dados in 2x6 studs for lathing for siding.
  Third pic is of unstained house. It's hard to tell but the metal on the roof is same color as bottom metal on shop in pic. The house also got the same stain as the shop
  We sawed all the lumber except for the trusses and the pressure treated pine for the porches. It's 1700' heated and 1000'  of covered porches. You can't see the back deck but it is 56' long. All the siding, ceiling, and wanes cot is t&g from the logosol.
  The rocks are fake, but it is still a back breaking job between the cabinets. The fire place is gas. Yes we get a little white stuff in AR and sometimes more than we want.   
I remember that snow storm. I had a place by Pineville, Mo. My neighbor said we got 45" total for 7 days. He couldn't get around on his 4WD tractor.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Skidder Kev

Thank You Sponsors!