iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wide throat/slabbing mill portable PA needed...

Started by bkaimwood, October 24, 2015, 07:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkaimwood

Looking for someone with a portable slabbing mill Allentown, PA area, possibly an Oscar 52 or bigger...have atleast half a dozen logs, or more, for sure a days worth of work, starting in the 30" range, up to 5 foot, and beyond, but trimming down to something an Oscar 52 could handle is possible... Pm me or refer if such a creature exists...
bk

Kingmt

Sorry I'm no help for you but that is one heck of a log. I'm slabbing a 40" oak to 4" at 7' long & they are about to break my back.

What kind of logs do you have?

Sawmill=Harbor Freight Item#62366
Chainsaws=MS180CBE(14"), MS290(18"), MS038(20"), MS660(20" & 36")
Staff=1Wife & 5 Kids :)
Please excuse my typing. I don't do well at catching auto correct.

bkaimwood

Walnut and maple...just hauled one home today, 45", 7 foot crotch...crotch will have to be trimmed for nearly any mill, which I'm OK with, and understand
bk

Nomad

Quote from: bkaimwood on October 24, 2015, 07:49:18 PM
Looking for someone with a portable slabbing mill Allentown, PA area, possibly an Oscar 52 or bigger...have atleast half a dozen logs, or more, for sure a days worth of work, starting in the 30" range, up to 5 foot, and beyond, but trimming down to something an Oscar 52 could handle is possible... Pm me or refer if such a creature exists...

Sounds to me like you need someone with a Lucas or Peterson mill with a slabbing attachment.  (Or dedicated slabber.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!