iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 664c quit...How to bleed fuel system?

Started by lshobie, June 11, 2016, 07:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lshobie

Hey guys I just tried to climb a steep grade And the skidder shut off ..fuel was low and figured it starved of fuel..  any idea How to bleed the fuel system?

Thanks!

John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

treeslayer2003

lol, you'll never do that again.
you need a hand pump connected at the secondary filter. pump untill you hear fuel return into the tank.
detroits do not like to be run out of fuel.

lshobie

Can I pressurise the fuel tank   ...Not sure if that works on them.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

mills

I did that last spring when I was having filter problems. Use low pressure and crack the line on the back side of your filter.

starmac

I have cracked the line and pressurized the tank several times, like mentioned use low pressure. A trick I learned years ago on the detroits was to pull the filter and fill it with tranny fluid instead of diesel, it will pick up much easier.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

oldseabee

Pressurise system to fill filter then crack injector lines starting with #1 to make sure that they are full.

Thank You Sponsors!