iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eaton winch

Started by minn firewood cutter, February 03, 2018, 05:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minn firewood cutter

Looking for someone that may be able to help me on a problem with my winch. Its a eaton winch problem is when i have all the cable strecthed down a hill and winchinge up logs it gets cought on a tree or stump it will stop winching. I know its not right because other timberjacks ive had will stand the skidder on its back tires or break a choker. I dont even need all the mainline streched out if logs get caught it stops winching. I have put all new disc in the winch. Checked the pressure on winch it is about 540 psi so that is not the problem. This machine is- 85 230 A timberjack i bought it from a guy in pensolvania he said it did it for him since he bought it Any ideas. Thanks

Maine logger88

Have you re packed or checked the clutch cylinder?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

coxy

it wouldn't be the brass worm gear would it

Puffergas

i'm foggy on how this works, but, there is a cast spacer next to the clutch cylinder and I know there are two different shapes or thickness'. don't ask how I know! so, if yours is mixed up there might not be enough throw. But, I think the cylinder would come a part and blow oil all over, if so. Oh well, good luck.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

bushmechanic

Those winches are pretty simple in how they work and I think as puffergas said it's an issue of too much clearance in the clutch pack and the piston is just not applying the correct pressure to the clutch pack thus slippage. Or another thought comes to mind that it may be a bad hydraulic hose supplying the clutch, rubber could be coming off inside and making a one way valve stopping the oil from getting to full pressure in the clutch. Another idea is the brake band cylinder leaking as it has to release in order to winch, could be losing pressure there too.

minn firewood cutter

Thanks guys for the info

Thank You Sponsors!