iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logrite Peavey/Cant Hook

Started by Magicman, August 13, 2011, 07:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Kevin and Tammy from Logrite donated a 60" Logrite peavey as a Pig Roast door prize.  Since I was interested in one, before the drawing, I questioned Kevin regarding a cant hook.

Jeff and Tammy drew numbers for door prizes at the Pig Roast.  When Jeff got down to the last ticket in the box, he declared that person would get the Logrite.  He then called out #859.  My number.   :)

Kevin immediately sent his wife Tammy over to me offering to exchange the peavey for a cant hook.  I was a bit hesitant, but Tammy and Kevin were insistent.

I am the proud owner of a Logrite peavey.

I am even more proud of the Logrite cant hook that was waiting for me when we got home.

My thanks to Logrite for being a Forestry Forum Sponsor. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Coon

Hey Magicman, You could send either one of those my way.   ;)  I could use one about now with some of those monsters I am gonna have to handle.   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Buck

I've got one of the 48 inch ones and it's one of the best tools I have owned.  One like yours is on the wish list.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Brucer

I love my 30" Mill Special cant hook. I was so happy with it that I bought a 60" Logrite peavey. To be honest, I prefer my old wood-handled peavey to the Logrite.

However ... I modified the Logrite peavey so it is more of a cant hook and I'm really pleased with it (I just drove out the roll pin that holds the point in and replaced it with a longer one that bights into the log).

Bottom line -- for rolling logs at the mill and in the log yard, I prefer the Logrite cant hook. For shifting logs in the bush I like my old fashioned peavey.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

millwright

I just bought a 48 inch logrite cant hook and I am amazed at how good of a tool it is and how well it works.

porcupine

Logrite equipment is top of the line in my opinion. It feels like a "real" tool.
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

thecfarm

You know MM almost looks like a photo chop picture. ;D  The best of both worlds.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chris Burchfield

I can't speak for a peavy but, the difference between a Logrite Cant Hook and a Razorback Snapping Turtle is the Logrite Cant Hook won't let go when it thunders!   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

It will be next week before I find out.

I'm doing stuff this week.  You know, the kind of stuff that you have to do for her when you run out of excuses for not doing stuff.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I'm ready to order a few tools for use around our mill, I just wanted to say Thank You to Kevin and Tammy and I hope they know how much there sponsorship here on the forum is doing for their business.  I have heard nothing but good things said here about Logrite tools and that is where I'll do my shopping, congrats on the door prize MM!

Magicman

I'll finish this job tomorrow and maybe I will be able to use the Logrite.  Gabby will not let me get my hands on it.

Gabby monopolizing the Logrite.   ;D

Chris Burchfield

I tell folks the difference between my LogRite Cant and a Logger Head Snapping Turtle, My LogRight Cant don't let go when it thunders.   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

I have 5 other cant hooks and peaveys and was comparing the arch on the hooks yesterday.  They have the shape figured out.

Paddlefish

Just tell me they're made 100% in America ,please !

MotorSeven

WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Magicman

Not only are Logrite tools made in the USA.  It's also my understanding the the Logrite owners Kevin and Tammy are also.

Made in the USA.   :)

Magicman

When I bought my sawmill (used), it came with 5 various cant hooks and peaveys.  I have gotten by with them for 10 years.  I have been questioned several times on here about "no Logrite??"

After winning and using the Pig Roast cant hook, I knew that more were in my future.  They are just that much better than whatever is in second place.

When I got back from Colorado, a UPS package was waiting for me.   :)

I am now a 3 Logrite Sawyer.

Peter Drouin

Way to go MM. I ben thinking about getting one my self. 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

metalspinner

Nice team of hooks you have there, magicman. :)

I have the 48" and 60" peavy in those same colors.  You need to get those things to work and get the first scratches and scuffs on them. They just don't look right all smooth and polished. :D

Is that reflective tape under the handle?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Magicman

Yes, 3M orange reflective tape.  If I am late on a job, a flashlight will find them instantly.  I have a wrap of it on most of my tools.

Dan_Shade

I might have to copy that idea....

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

I had a splash of red paint on the old ones because there really was no place for the tape.

These two new Logrites prove that our Sponsors do get value for their Pig Roast donations.   smiley_thumbsup

captain_crunch

Magic
You could send the primitive ones to Oregon ;D ;D ;D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!