iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new toy

Started by OLD_ JD, November 24, 2005, 02:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD_ JD

was looking for a F-4 Dion in good condition and not to expensive...finally i get that one... 8) just can't wait to try that

canadien forest ranger

leweee

Congratulations Old_JD :D That ought to make forwarding in Winter a lot easier 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

Super  8) Toy!!!  I want one too ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

PawNature

JD, maby I been up a holler to long but I have never seen one of those. Tell a little or a lot about it and more pics.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

sprucebunny

Very cool !! 8) 8)

I'm jealous ;D

What kind of engine do those have ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Ernie

C'est tres belle n'est pas?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

OLD_ JD

thank's all
More pic will come soon,i will recive the machine on saturday,i drove 800 mile to find that one :o
the engine is a bit funny....75 hp 4 cyl diesel engine made in Italy on the name of "sun engine" distribute by detroit diesel,very pop engine en mining and construction equip,it's fan cooler like the deutz but iron cast whit independante cylinder,motor whit very low vibration...only 350 hour's on it ;)
Paw the F-4 it's center pivot machine whit 4 traction track..23 foot long whit that 14 foot long Hardy H.D. log loader...4 speed chevy transmision,powerfull 15 gal hydro pump and can be drive as forward or backward as the same..hope that can help ... :)
canadien forest ranger

Quebecnewf

I looked at the same machine in Quebec. The guy did a demo for me looked very very good. I am not ready to buy yet. Do you plan to go all winter with this machine. How far will you travel with your logs. If you don't mind saying approx what did it cost. I saw prices of 30,000.00 for a fairly new one all rebuilt at the shop. I hope you post more info and pictures . When will you start work . Please keep us up to date. I hope to buy one sometime in the future and would be very interested in your reports on the machine.

SwampDonkey

Here's one deep in the 'Timber Harvest and Equipment' forum, the owner lives about 20 miles from me. The machine was used on a lot the marketing board was managing for the Town of Hartland.

Link

Congrats on your new purchase. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OLD_ JD

I will keep u update whit the machine quebeqnewf,If u can find one "all" rebuilt for that prize it will be good.At dion corp. all rebuilt whit diesel engine start at 45.000.00$..i pay 24.000.00$ but track are not new,motor,loader,hydro systeme as 350 hour's cylinder and "pin",all the rest is pretty new
I plan to use that machine for small wood,ever green,and watever left over behind my skidder
for any info if u plan to purchase one u can call me for more info ;)
canadien forest ranger

OLD_ JD

SD is this come out of the logging ans sawmilling Journal ???
here more pic

here more info
http://www.forestnet.com/archives/Sept_02/harvesting.htm
canadien forest ranger

SwampDonkey

Actually, i think I may have gotten them from the Journal now that I think of it. But, I also used to take pictures of jobs on sites managed by the marketing board.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Quebecnewf

Thats the place I had the demo F4 Dion its on BLVD Wilfred Hamel in Qc. How many cord of wood per load would you say? The guy did a demo and he drove it up a large snowbank with no problem I was impressed. The ones I saw Had Deutz engines. A very good motor. Do you think one of these machines could do the same work with a sleigh and log loader instead of a groomer

http://www.ebertwelding.com/used/cdn_list/index.html

Paul

SwampDonkey

Not sure who that is directed to, but anything could be possible. I for one am not an engineer. I think if I had one of those machines and the know how, I'de make'r fit. ;D :D

OLD_ JD

qubecnewf the big thing about the Dion is the 4 powered track,if u go whit other's kind of trailing u will only have 2 traction track.here one for sale in forestville at 43.000.00$ :o

ever consider some J5 like this one whit hydro systeme :P..that one is in quebec city area at 6,500.00$

canadien forest ranger

OLD_ JD

The Dion arrive today 8) 8)...look like x-mas is bfore is time :D...did i have fun ;)..-15 celcius here this morning ,start like nothing :) that Hardy loader is lot more strong then the metavic :o here few pic ....

canadien forest ranger

SwampDonkey

That type of machine would come in real handy on my woodlot. But, I haven't got wood ready for harvest for 30 years. ;D

Thanks for the pics :)

etat

Hey Swamp.  Maybe he'll consider selling it to you in thirty years.   By then you oughta be able to get a real good deal on it!!!!!!!!!    ;D

8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D  Take good care of'r JD :D :D  ;D

OLD_ JD

my old men pension will come. ;)..........in 24 year's :D :D
canadien forest ranger

SwampDonkey

Probably when 30 years comes, I won't be interested in cutting any timber. I'll just let the moose stand in there under the trees. ;D When it was being cut 12 years ago I thought we were feeding a herd of cattle in there, then they never left. :D

Quebecnewf

I would imagine you have been using your new (toy) a bit now. How do you find it go. Have you tried it in any snow yet. I am wondering if it would be possible to hitch another sleigh behind the one that is attached and tow 2 . This would be across all level frozen ground and all softwood. Could this be done and if so what speed could you tow at. I would imagine if you were going back and forth on the same trail after a while you would have a real hard smooth road. You could use the loader to load the other sleigh and then hitch it up.

One other question about how many board ft of lumber would you saw out of one load of logs of the F4 Dion approx.

Quebecnewf
Paul

Scott

Congrads OLD_JD I bet you'll have a hoot wit that thing. I saw one years ago on www.lowimpactforestry.com and have wanted one ever since. There are a lot of those J5s up in northern New Brunswick and I've looked at a few of them. I always though the Dion was the same idea, I didn't know it was an articualting machine  8) Keep us up to date.

OLD_ JD

Quebecnewf,i am having good time whit the dion work great,i didn't have the chance to try in deep snow( we dont have much yet)
about hitching another sleigh behind,it could work but the machine is not made to go very fast,if ure pulling a good load,u cant go more them10-15 km i will said :-\

i can load about 900-1.000 bf a the time if they are all 12'Lg
canadien forest ranger

Thank You Sponsors!