iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What the....

Started by Stix, April 02, 2004, 03:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix

Was just over at the alamia site and they list a 362 and 365 model husky. The husky website makes no mention of a 362. But it's there plain as day. Only difference is the RPM limit far as I can tell. Is this a really new model.?? ???

oldsaw-addict

I'll bet the 365 is the replacement for the 362 model, it makes sense right? I mean they might have some left over stock of 362s on hand and they havent sold them yet so they havent taken the 362 model off the site yet. Since Husky made a 272 and replaced it with a 372 and they made a 394 which was redesignated 395, it only makes sense that they made a 362 and later redesignated it the 365.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

barbender

I'd never heard of the 362, husky used to make a 262.  Jonsered makes the 2165 and 2163, same horsepower rating, but the 2165 has the power down low and the 2163 has it up high.  They just discontinued the 2163, but they sold them side by side for a couple of years.  From what I understand, the huskys and Jreds are the same saws in most models, maybe the 2163/362 and 2165/365 are the same saws. Just some thoughts.  Burt
Too many irons in the fire

oldsaw-addict

I just looked at the 362 and 365 on alamia.com there is a difference between the two, the 365 has a 65cc engine while the 362 has only 62cc's in it. I dont know why I've never heard of the 362 before, maybe it was/is made for sale in a different nation like maybe brazil or somewhere like that. I just dont know.

jokers

Barbender is on the right track, the 362 was discontinued last year. The price was too close to the 372 and it was redundant in that it weighed about the same as the 372, being built on the same platform, but less power.

Russ

oldsaw-addict

Oh, well that explains it. I now understand the logic of it. the 362 and 372  were too clos to each other in weight and all that so they discontinued the 362, I'm glad they didnt discontinue the 372, man would there ever be a GREAT number of loggers with some choice words for husky then! I have the Jred 670 but it is just as much saw as a 372 or a 272 after I opened the muffler up on it. Now that I get the picture, I think I'll go back to hiding in the shop for the weekend.

Stix

Thread Hijack....but it's my thread so it's OK..... I can't for the life of me get ahold of Ken Dunn. The E-mail I got for him is kdhotsaw@hotmail.com. Is that right? He is in oroville right? If anyone has a better way to get ahold of him let me know. Maybe just go up there and start poking around some of the shops and drop his name? Thanx.

oldsaw-addict

I guess. If you want to get ahold of someone theres not any way that I know of more effective than face to face communication, if theres a more simplified way I aint found it. Hopefully you can get ahold of him soon, if not just go out there and start poking around some.

dozerdan

Hi
 Ken is a good guy to deal with, here is his phone number.

530-589-2744

Later
Dan

Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

Stix

Thank you Dan........ ;D

Thank You Sponsors!