iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmillers wave, almost.

Started by amberwood, January 23, 2010, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwood

ok, part 3 of my bad luck for the year. Thursday morning I was finishing off an order of 6*2"s and had to reposition the tynes on the loader. To shift a strapped pack. They are the kind that hang from a bar across the width of the carriage, and with use tend to sneak in.That is where things get a little vague.

Short version is I dropped the tyne on my RH middle finger severing it off between the top knuckle and the nail. ouch.

Not recommended. Surgeon had a go at it on Friday night and managed to put everything back where it belonged. We hope.

A warning for those working alone and tired. I can def catch up with you.

DTR

MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

beenthere

That is not good. Sorry to hear it. Will hope that all heals back and in good shape (as can be expected).
Typing left handed?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Wow man, ouch that hurts !!!  Good luck with your recovery. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pasbuild

OUCH   I have a couple of those fingers, one on each hand, nether one works very good and often times gets in the way, wish they were left of as I recqested.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

thecfarm

Man oh,man,oh man.That makes my stomach feel funny.That's a big bummer. Good luck with it.I hope all goes well for you.I take it you will be down for a while?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

easymoney

a couple of years ago i smashed the end of the finger next to my thumb on my right hand. it did not break the skin but i think it smashed the bone. it really hurt for a few days before i could touch it. you do not think about how much you use that finger until it gets hurt. good thing i do not smoke. i would have to learned how to smoke left handed.

red oaks lumber

not good man.. like my dad always asks when i get hurt "did you learn anything"? hope everything heals up good for you.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Chuck White

OUCH !!!  :o

Now, almost as bad as the initial injury, is the fact that every time you turn around, you'll bump that finger on something!  :-\

Hope she heals fast so you can get things back to normal!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bothy_Loon

A nasty one.
Hope it heals well for you & if it helps I had my right index sheared off on the log deck chain some years ago. They put it back on & it works fine now. Hope you have the same success.

ErikC

That's too bad, hope it heals up decent. I too have had a repair job, and it still is numb mostly and gets sore and cold fastest. Left forefinger, torn off by a horseshoe nail.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!