iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some ugly support equipment

Started by woodNthings, October 07, 2013, 10:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodNthings

I picked up this forklift last week for a good price. Its a bit rough but runs like a champ ;D
Before now moving anything was a task, now I have one less excuse to make sawdust 8)

'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'80s Case rough terrain forklift
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

jim blodgett

ayerwood

Nice pick up!  I have some ugly equipment...but it works beautifully!  congrats...

Tim Lea

I also just got a lift. It is so handy at the mill. It is making life a lot easies.

GAmillworker

That is a beautiful lift. 

A working piece of support equipment is what counts the most.
Thank the Lord for second chances

woodNthings

Thanks, may give it coat of paint someday. Until then I'm more than happy with functionality. I knew I built that barn so tall for a reason ;D
Here's my other little yard dog, Farmall super A. Its handy for dragging trailers and stuff around with.

'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

5quarter

So where's the ugly support equipment?  ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

schakey

If it works and make life easier it's far from being ugly  smiley_thumbsup
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

xlogger

Now I feel bad, it looks better than my forklift  :embarassed:.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

AnthonyW

Quote from: 5quarter on October 07, 2013, 11:29:10 PM

I'll second that. It isn't ugly if it works. With the purchase of the '97 mill, I just acquired my newest piece of equipment. My chainsaw is from around 1980 and my tractors are from the 60's and 70's.

I have a bunch of work to do around the property plus having the sawmill. So I'm looking for a mini excavator with a thumb, or possibly without a thumb and then finding a used grapple.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

Chuck White

Quote from: 5quarter on October 07, 2013, 11:29:10 PM

My thoughts exactly!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Beauty is as beauty does. Woodythings that's whats called farm fresh. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Looks better than my fork lift.   :D   I don't have one. Is that a Yale unit,or just the mast?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

As long as it runs and works it ain't ugly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MSSawmill

Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

GDinMaine

That looks horrible.  I will take it off your hands free of charge.  :D

Nah... Great find.  If it works, no way it's ugly.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

woodNthings

Fact is, I like ugly!!! At least when it comes to equipment and logs. Since I dont make my living sawing (yet) this is plenty good. Took a lot of searching but I knew what I wanted around the mill and have finally found it ;D
Quote from: thecfarm on October 08, 2013, 09:38:59 AM
Looks better than my fork lift.   :D   I don't have one. Is that a Yale unit,or just the mast?
I was lucky enough to get the original manual with it  8)
It suggests that this is a Case. However the mast certainly says Yale and looks original. On top of that it has an Eaton badge and spec plate.... what gives?
Trying to identify the diesel engine still but it starts/runs very strong :) The forklift spent at least the last 30 years at a small lumber yard. Guess I'll be keeping it where its comfy
'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

rmack

If that has a hydrostatic drive in it, you probably just scored the preferred choice of discriminating buyers. :)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

thecfarm

I would start to track down what is what. Don't need to be tracking when things are not working.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Having a hard time seeing the ugly in this picture,  ugly is running a mill without support,   happy for you!
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

highleadtimber16

2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

jim blodgett

HA!  Now THAT'S a thing of beauty!  Love it!

yukon cornelius

Quote from: woodNthings on October 07, 2013, 11:19:16 PM
Thanks, may give it coat of paint someday. Until then I'm more than happy with functionality. I knew I built that barn so tall for a reason ;D
Here's my other little yard dog, Farmall super A. Its handy for dragging trailers and stuff around with.

thanks for that pic!!! mo 13 year old son bought a super a for us to restore and we are going to pull logs with it. that is near exact plan we had came up with for it.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

jlmccuan

You want ugly?  We call it "The Duck"

[img

thecfarm

I can hear that sawmill groaning from here. Looks like a tight squeeze too.

Thank You Sponsors!