iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

installing a barko 80 loader

Started by dirthawger, February 10, 2018, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

My 466 is quite turned up and can run 80mph loaded up all the hills from here to massachusetts, but itll blow a brand new headgasket before it makes the tops if i keep my foot in it.  Especially when i had the timing way advanced.  Short sprints are okay but long hills make heatsoak and really need to be eased up to control that.  Its much worse in summer obviously.  

Chances are your hino is fuel governed and timed conservatively to limit cylinder pressure and EGT so you probably cant hurt it too bad if all systems are functional and maintained.  Its common tuning for all MDTs which are intended to be abused fleet vehicles.  They must endure careless operators - like a homeowner saw. 

With age the headgasket material will degrade and start to weep but still run okay until it doesnt.  Eventually you do a headgasket and life goes on.  Just dont run out of coolant or you crack things.  Been through that on an NPR.
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Thanks, yep it is governed like that.  Since I am no trucker and prone to breaking equipment I figure it is a good thing it is governed.  Keeps me from repair bills.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

50mph felt terribly slow until i experienced zero mph for a few days in a parking lot without food or heat or toilet.  

The further you venture from base and less disposable income you have on hand, the lighter your foot should be for trucking success. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!