iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

must

Started by coxy, April 07, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

be spring i saw the first bear tracks of the season in the snow this morning  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jeff

I wonder what he will think when he sees his first Coxy tracks?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rjwoelk

Cox it will be a good christian bear and say grace first. :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

thecfarm

My Father lived on the farm for 40 years. Hunted this area hard. Never saw a bear in the woods. I've only see a bear a handful of times and twice was on my front lawn. Never seen tracks,yet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: Jeff on April 07, 2018, 01:21:59 PM
I wonder what he will think when he sees his first Coxy tracks?
oh ship  wonder if hes got a gun  :D :D

breederman

I saw on face book this morning someone down to Sidney saying that Mr bear broke in and killed her chickens last night
Together we got this !

Andries

Thats called 'take-out chicken dinner'.
Momma's back in the den with the cubs!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

breederman

Together we got this !

Brucer

No bear tracks here, yet. Mind you, there's still 3' of snow on the ground.

There's been a chipmunk running around on top of the snow for the past week. Apparently it doesn't quite grasp the idea of "hibernating".
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

No bear or coxy tracks here but ....

The grass needs mowing again and this Red Maple is showing out with the green Red Oak leaves as a background.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Ill have what hes havin.  
Praise The Lord

starmac

No bears out here yet, but I have it on good authority that down on the coast where our next job is, they are out pretty strong.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on April 07, 2018, 05:21:59 PM
No bear or coxy tracks here but ....

The grass needs mowing again and this Red Maple is showing out with the green Red Oak leaves as a background.  ;D
MM you should not be allowed to post pic like this when most of us are still in the ice age it just isn't right  >:( >:( :D :D :D :D

Magicman

Well maybe you could hop on the next Glacier headed South and come down and stay until the next blizzard passes.  :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

Shoot, just the picture caused me to start sweating, think I will pass, maybe even go lay in the snow to cool down for a bit.

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on April 07, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Well maybe you could hop on the next Glacier headed South and come down and stay until the next blizzard passes.  :)
thought about it for about 30 seconds and will have to  pass you have way to many critter crawlers down there  for this northern boy  ;D

Magicman

:D  Ah don't be skeered.  There are folks that have survived their entire lifetime down here.  'Course some of them lifetimes are shorter than others  ::)

starmac

Then some of us, just got tired of mildewing, and headed north.

OntarioAl

The view from my dining area window
Yesterday morning apparently we are under a Polar Vortex
The ice age cometh!

Al Raman

Magicman

I gotcha on the mildew thing and Alaska in July is a nice place to be.  'Course there are things that will bite you there too!  Skeeters!!  :o

Pat and I talked about an Alaskan return trip last night but sadly I don't think that our butts are up to the journey.  Well hips, but they are on the butt end.  :D

starmac

Yea, we got skeeters, but to tell the truth, they are no worse than on the gulf coast, but bad enough in both places. 
That is what they sell DEET for.
Too bad you can't make another trip up, the place is big and a guy really needs to take a year to see a big part of it, it just can't really be done in a short vacation, in my opinion.

I just a few days ago got the go ahead to start getting ready for the logging job on the coast, sooooooo I hopefully (gods willing) will be spending the summer and fall on the coast a hundred miles or so from a town or road.

Dan W

Years ago an old Yooper logger said "If I saw a bear in the bush with a gun I'd shoot it!"

crowhill

My wife had never seen a bear until one day about ten years ago she saw five within half mile of the house! Headed to home town with my mother saw a big bruin cross the road and run across a field. About an hour later headed the other direction taking mother to Dr. appointment they had gone less than half a mile and a big old momma with 3 cubs ran across the road! Only time I ever saw one in the woods was about 65 years ago when searching with the hired farmhand for a cow and calf, saw a momma with two cubs. I got really excited being a kid but his excitement to get out of there was way beyond mine! I don't remember finding the cow or calf that day...
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Andries

Quote from: Dan W on April 07, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
Years ago an old Yooper logger said "If I saw a bear in the bush with a gun I'd shoot it!"
That seems fair - a bear in the bush with a gun could shoot back.
The best shot wins!
;)  :D  ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

coxy

well went to work yesterday got up to where the dozer was on the hill  and sure enough the  thing bit holes in my gas and oil jug that was hanging on the dozer don't know what it is about gas and oil that they like but i wasn't happy  fudd-smiley

Thank You Sponsors!