iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roadtrip

Started by Lko67, June 17, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lko67

Had a nice road trip to woodmizer pa yesterday got the ins and outs of the mills got to saw on the lt15 I think there's a mill in my near future thanks marty

Brad_bb

That's good.  Had my LT15go since 2014.  If  you were looking to go portable, or make it a business, I'd want hydraulics.  I have an LT15 because I make a lot of beams, and need a 2 rail mill for the planer head that runs on the tracks. I wish hydraulics were a factory option on this mill-turner, toeboard, and clamps specifically.  You would not regret hydraulics if you end up doing a lot of sawing.  If it's just a hobby, you can get by with the LT15.  I recommend a forklift for loading and unloading.  I don't know what I'd do without my small rough terrain forklift.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Lko67

Will only be hobby and for fun. Ran a hand crank circle mill years ago and agree on hydraulics. That old mill was manual labor at its worst. We had a edger we rigged up for small logs (oak) we would step on a pedal rigged to pulleys to open edger to 4 inch. Head saw took slab off each side then offbearer would take the cant (up to 12 inch wide and pick it up take it to other side of mill and run thru edger to make 4 by 6 cants for pallet mill.  A eight hour day of that and you were whipped. Good thing I was young :) but you know I look back and can say I really enjoyed that time.

Thank You Sponsors!