iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

started sawmill build

Started by staker, April 07, 2013, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staker

Hi Folks, well I finally start to build the sawmill carriage last weekend. Got the saw frame welded up. I hope to start on the carriage tomorrow if all goes well. We got about 8 inches of snow today. I am planning on making it a 2 post design with a boat winch to lift the saw frame. I have a 10 hp electric 3 phase motor. The bandwheels came off and old King 18 inch bandsaw.Hope fully it will be finished soon.

Dave

staker

looks like I am having a hard time posting pictures.

Dave

justallan1

Welcome to the forum, Dave.
Please keep us updated on the build.
Allan

thecfarm

I see the pictures in your gallery,try this,

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,than click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

ND rancher

Welcome Dave! How big of logs is that mill gonna cut? I hope hydraulics are planed .    Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Thank You Sponsors!