iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol ph260

Started by jessepettengill, December 31, 2020, 11:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessepettengill

Hey Friends,

I was wondering if any of you had the Logosol ph260 4 head moulder.  I am wanting to make 2 inch v-match flooring, and interior moldings, and do this for maybe 5-8 small buildings a year, for multiple years.  Can this machine handle that?

Also, I see that wood-mizer has a comparable machine--almost identical really.  Has anyone done a side by side review?

Thank you so much in advance for your knowledge?

Kindly
JP

Southside

Woodmizer bought the company that made the Logosol branded moulders a couple years back, I can't remember the name of it, so they are the exact same machine.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

scsmith42

I had the Baker version for a few years.  It's not a machine that I would want to use for production volume work.  

My biggest problem was that it just wasn't robust enough for making 1000 - 2000 sq. ft of flooring at a time.  Chip extraction was poor, and the feed rollers would get chips embedded in them and then slip, which then required us to force the boards through it. 

I had to replace bearings on some of the feed rollers before the machine had even 300 hours on it, 

Perhaps the Logosol is a stronger machine, but an older Weinig, Mattison, Woods, etc may provide you with better service.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!