iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Haven't been doing much on the build. We still dealing with MIL. Hospice doesn't know how she is still alive. :'(

I did put some of the flooring out. Still letting it acclimate to the room. Now with a good chance of a TS coming our way, that will put off installing the floor.

Just having them out. Not installed.

Magicman

That flooring is gonna look good.  :)

Batten down your hatches because it looks like both of us will get whomped by Tropical Storm Gordon.  The map shows you taking a direct "eye" hit and I will be on the "wet side".  Look out for tomorrow PM and Wednesday.  :o

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Will do Lynn. Keep a eye out on falling trees.

Just got home from the hospital. With her family at bed side, My MIL passed away just after 11am. She went very peaceful. :'( She will be missed by all.

Jim_Rogers

So sorry for your loss.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

Paul, I offer my sincere Condolences to your entire family.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

I will be saying a prayer for you and your family. I know that times like this are tough and my prayer is that you have the strength you need to see you through. 

Darrel
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Paul, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Praying the Lord will give all of you strength and peace in this time of your great loss.

Herb

LeeB

So sorry to hear of your loss. Although we have never met I can see from this thread that you have a huge inner strength. Draw from that well to help you get through your troubled times and give to your family support. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawmilllawyer

Sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers. Keep the faith and stay strong.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Thanks again all.

Got out yesterday and finished up some dirt work.

Treatment plant. The lift station, instead of paying almost $300 for a fiberglass tank, I used a free 55 gallon plastic drum that has a screw top. ;D So if and when the lift pump goes out which they do, not much work digging to replace it.

So, to know were the center of the top, a picture with a tape.

Everything is now all covered back up.

Magicman

That picture printed out and filed with all of your other paperwork is a smart idea.   smiley_idea

fishfighter

Lynn, I did the same thing for my house. Save a lot of time. More so when I had to have the system pumped out.

How you made out with that storm? Not a drop of rain here. That water in that first picture came from the over flow of the tank which if full. Ground is super dry here. Had to use a pick to dig the section at the house.

Magicman

Gordon went 60 miles East of us so we had a complete miss.  No water or wind whatsoever.

fishfighter

Just a update. I haven't been able to get anything done the few pass weeks. DanG neck is doing it's best keeping me down. Now have a pinched nerve that has taking out use of my right arm and hand. >:( DanG pain level is out the roof. >:( Bad thing, called the doctors office more then three weeks ago and they can't get me in till the 4th of next month. >:(

So all I been doing is try to go for a short walk and laying around the house.

Magicman

Thanks for the update Paul and hopefully you can manage to get back to your project soon.  At least your lumber is drying.  ;D

Darrel

I good to hear from you, just wish it was better news. Hang it there and get better soon. 
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Lets try this again. Lost my post. Anyway, good morning everyone. Had a very good night of sleep last night. Got that shot yesterday in my neck. Helped a lot, but by no means, a 100%.

Last couple weeks, I been taking it very easy. My daughter been wanting a country kitchen table. I sawed out all the lumber well over a year ago and told SIL to come pick it up to build the table. Well, him starting a new biz in the last year leaves him with little to no spare time. :D

So, I started it. All out of SYP. Will finish out the legs today before LSU plays. Just have to add the top 45's and some pegs.

On a side note. There are some real good people here. Posting in a wood working thread, member "beenthere" replied. He took the time and sent me a set of Craftmans molder/shaper set for free. ;D When I got the package, I was like a kid on Christmas morning opening it. I will put them to use this week trying to make some molding for the guest house build. I found a couple places to make some, but they wanted a arm and a leg even supplying the stock. :o

Thank you again beenthere.

Update.

Legs are finish

Magicman

That table will be exactly what the Doctor Daughter ordered.  ;)

It's so good to see your smiling :) face back on here. smiley_thumbsup

Darrel

Those are some pretty awesome looking table legs!  And as MM says, it's good to see you back!
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Why thanks guys. The wife fussed me yesterday, but hey, all is good. Going to try getting the table top started today. All pieces have been done, just need to join them to start with.

fishfighter

Got the table top just about done.

Joining the live edge, I had to come up with a way to clamp and not damage it.

Worked like a charm. 8) Had to have SIL and his helper come by to bring the top inside. Way to heavy for me and the wife to carry. >:( Got rain for a couple days in the forecast, so I will lay low, need to.

fishfighter

Finished up the table today. Came out nice. 8)

bwstout

Fabulous  building one is on my next to do list.
home built mill

Darrel

Yes it did, it came out very nice!
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!