iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eclassic blower cross reference?

Started by stumper, November 15, 2012, 02:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

Does anyone have a cross reference for the eclassic blower motor?  Central boiler part 8563?

AsaG

The generic blower is a Fasco A166.  The only difference between it and the OEM CB part is the electrical connector. The generic version has unterminated leads only.   

stumper

Thanks my blower is connected with a bare wire connection.

sam-tip

Do they use the same fan on all the boilers.  What I am asking shouldn't the bigger boilers have bigger fans?  In my mind more wood capacity should need more air.  My E3200 always seems like it is starving for air.

Doug
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

AsaG

Doug,

It appears the 8563 (Fasco A166) blower is used across the CB product line.  There are different boxes for different Classic models but the bare blower is the same part number.  I know of someone with a pallet burner and I believe his uses two of the 8563 blowers.

sam-tip

I just got my spare blower today.  So I may give a second blower a try.  There is a good spot to put it where the propane starter goes.   Might try the blower off my old corn furnace which has a cover to varry the amount of air.

Doug
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

AsaG

One thing I'd try before going too heavy in modifying your boiler is pulling the solenoid tubes and checking for creosote.  I check mine about every three months - just loosen the hose clamps with a 5/16" nut driver and wiggle them out.  A thin coating of high-temperature 'O' ring grease applied to the end of the tube will make it easier to remove next time. In the shoulder seasons, when heating load is low, the crud can really build up, blocking proper air flow.  Another thing worthy of mentioning is wood that is too wet will perform as you are describing.  Wood that burned hot and clean in my 6048 made my E-2400 barf.  Now that I know what I'm doing, it's working great and on many days better than great.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!