iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just venting......

Started by Just Me, December 23, 2010, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

Last night was the only chance I had to get all of my girls together for Christmas as they are all traveling to different locals for the holidays.

I'm never sure what to get them so I bought them all Woolrich hat/scarf/gloves combinations in different colors, and gift certificates to the same nice upscale clothing store.

Two of them just stopped in to let me know that they just picked out something for their mother with the certificates. She is my ex wife, took me for every nickle I had, and I am still paying!

New plan for next year..........

Raider Bill

A old wise man once said
"marriage is a mistake 2 people make that one ends up paying for.

Or
Love is grand, divorce is 100 grand.

or

But on the other hand some stay married for a long time. Maybe cheaper that way I dunno :-\ :-\
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Busy Beaver Lumber

In my divorce back in 2001, I gave the x over $325,000 in cash to get her out of my life. Nice take for a woman that was beating her only daughter and who admits to putting penicillium in my food twice trying to kill me.

When I found out she was beating the daughter, I gave her on chance to go for help, which she refused. Next day I filed for divorce and 6 months later had full custody of the 12 year old and the court even terminated the x's visitation rights.

It was the best investment I ever made. Got remarried to a great woman who takes great care of me and have long since recovered the $325k, and then some.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Burlkraft

Some things are worth it!  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Warbird

KellyH

And I was angry when I had to buy my ex a new car and give her 1/2 our bank account of a few thousand $'s.  :-\  Looks like I didn't have it so bad after all.  :o Whew!
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Busy Beaver Lumber

Just Me

Feeling any better now that you had a chance to vent?

The first Christmas after our divorce, the x sent our daughter a Christmas card with a note in it saying "If you want a darn Christmas gift, then go suck up to your dad, because he has all the money and I have none".  This was less than 3 months after I gave her $325,000 in the divorce. Makes me laugh and me and my daughter joke about it every Christmas since then. Bottom line is I took the high road and never lowered myself to her level and it paid off big time for me in the end because  my daughter and I are as close as could be and her mother has not seen her in 11 years, and that is by the childs choice.

Time heals all my friend. What upsets you now, you will laugh at in years to come
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Just Me

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on December 28, 2010, 09:08:45 AM
Just Me

Feeling any better now that you had a chance to vent?

Time heals all my friend. What upsets you now, you will laugh at in years to come

Ya it really was just a momentary thing. At least they are not selfish!

I have two ex's. Both got over 500k. I should be retired. I paid child support for 26 years, last one just turned 18. I went out and bought myself a new tractor when the last payment was made. Total of support payments was 280K.

If I had cut my nuts off when I was 13 I would be a wealthy man today. Would have avoided women and fast cars, the two bad habits I was blessed with.

Can't be good at everything though...........

Woodwalker

Found a hand written note on a one dollar bill that read "Last of a million. Spent on whiskey, slow horses and fast women."
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

ErikC

Quote from: Woodwalker on January 20, 2011, 09:20:24 PM
Found a hand written note on a one dollar bill that read "Last of a million. Spent on whiskey, slow horses and fast women."
.......and the rest I just wasted. ;D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!