iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prayers needed update

Started by Bruno of NH, October 26, 2018, 02:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ed_K

I read this last night an couldn't post my consent of prayer. I get so depressed every time I hear or read the word cancer. I prayed for quick healing for Mrs Drouins and for Peter for strength in being her care giver.
Ed K

yukon cornelius

So sorry to hear this. We will be praying for healing.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Wudman

We are praying for you as well.  God Bless.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Greyhound

Quote from: Bruno of NH on October 26, 2018, 02:22:25 PM
Please send your prayers to NH
Peter Drouin's wife Ann has 4 cancerous tumors in one lung.
Things aren't looking good for Ann and Peter
Thank You Bruno
Best wishes.  About 10 yr. ago my mom had "too numerous to count"  cancer nodules in her lungs.  She did great for almost 5 yrs.  Since then, there have been great improvements in the drugs.

PA_Walnut

Peter, hopefully peace and grace abound for you and your Mrs.
Best wishes for a good outcome!
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

bwstout

Praying for you traveling down the same road
home built mill

51cub

My thoughts and prayers also. I only met Pete the one time, and know he's a hard worker with a good heart
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

timberlinetree

So sorry to hear.  We will be praying for ya.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Bruno of NH

Talked with Peter today.
Ann has stage 4 lung cancer 
They are starting treatment next week.
It doesn't sound good to me.
My Dad passed of the same thing.
I'm very sad for Peter and Ann.
Peter is behind on orders because he has so much to do with Ann.
Who would be willing to go help him with me on a Saturday.
You know I can't do much but I would bring one of my helpers.
I could also cook lunch burgers and dogs.
Please let me know.
I'm walking with a walker I will do what I can.
Thanks Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

One  Saturday in the near future. 
If we can plan it out.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

nativewolf

Peter, difficult time for you and your family and one I've been through as I'm a 2 x cancer survivor (2 different types, I'm genetically flawed)  myself.   Positive thinking helps combined  with aggressively following doctors orders re all treatments.  The advances in chemotherapy are startling and we hope she responds well after surgery.  As the going gets tough a positive forward looking face on things is going to mean so much to her.  My only suggestion is to bitch and complain and unburden yourself here and with others but keep a strong distance between unburdening and your wife's circle of friends and comfort.  The more they see you as the rock of Gibraltar the more help you'll be to her.  Giving her the space to focus on healing without stress of worrying about you.  

I only wish I were not so so far from you so I could help Bruno on a weekend.  I'm a bit limited in my own travels due to my farm and family circumstances but I'll be there in spirit.  If anyone from southern PA is heading up I'd donate a log for sure....and you know me, it would be something special.  
Liking Walnut

dean herring

Prayers for comfort and healing sent
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

I am too far away but I know that you guys will step up and help Peter through this difficult time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lxskllr

Keep this thread updated with plans to help. I'd love to go, but I'm the sole field crew for the company. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. BUT, if the stars align right, I may be able to swing it. If something comes together, I can consider possiblilities.

In any case, best wishes to Peter and Ann. I'm rooting for you.

terrifictimbersllc

I would like to help out if there is any way, playing catch up down here on Saturday requests myself but will try. Peter and Ann, I and friends will be praying for you.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

SawyerTed

@Bruno of NH please let Peter know that his wife and he are in my prayers for healing, strength and comfort.  If there is anything else any of us can do from afar, please let us know!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Peter Drouin

Ann is not well, Might not make springtime.  :'( :'(
I thank all for your prayers. I'm full time with Ann now. Finching up orders. 
I think I'll close down A&P sawmill for a while, Will see, With no A in the A&P sawmill, Why bother.
I will have a new life when she's gone.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Bruno, I'm all set with the help thing. I might sell it all.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Oh man Peter...I feel for you and Ann. The most positive energy I can muster, Im sendig your way.....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

thecfarm

I am sitting here Peter feeling like someone just ran me over with a truck. :(  :'(  :'(  Took me a while to find the Boo Hoo I am so worked up. Not the kind of news I wanted to hear from you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andries

My heart goes out to you and your wife Peter.
It's been said, that medicine has come a long way in even the past five years.
I have a brother and a daughter going thru similar issues.
It sucks, but Don't give up hope.
Avoid making business decisions or any big commitments for a while.
It's ok to shift the work stuff into neutral for a while, to deal with this huge stress in your lives.
You have friends here, with a lot of practical wisdom to share.
As NativeWolf said; keep on being the rock at home and do your unburdening and what-ifs out here.
Be strong buddy!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Magicman

Peter, my Prayers will continue to be with Ann and you during this most difficult time.  Please keep us updated when you can.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

Peter:
I'll come up and help you saw for a day or so whenever you need it, just let me know.
Prayers sent your way for you and your wife.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bert

Peter, dont know you but have been reading your posts for years. You are an inspiration to the working man.  Dont quit... give it some time and see how it plays outs. My prayers are with you in this difficult time.
Saw you tomorrow!

SawyerTed

God be with you both Peter!

I agree and encourage you to Shut things down for a while but don't make any big business steps.  A friend had a similar situation and regrets selling his business now.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!