iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 025 & MS390 repair & parts help

Started by TLSTWIN, December 09, 2013, 10:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLSTWIN

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I have been busy with work until this week.
So I see they used aftermarket parts. I guess that is where I started my questioning. has anyone used aftermarket cylinders & pistons with much success & reliability?

H 2 H

Quote from: TLSTWIN on December 24, 2013, 08:22:16 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I have been busy with work until this week.
So I see they used aftermarket parts. I guess that is where I started my questioning. has anyone used aftermarket cylinders & pistons with much success & reliability?

I've rebuilt several MS 250 the last one was last summer; I have one that was rebuilt a few years ago that still running that my nephew crew guy straight gassed and his crew uses it alot

And that saw is all aftermarket parts
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

TLSTWIN

Quote from: H 2 H on December 24, 2013, 08:37:11 PM
Quote from: TLSTWIN on December 24, 2013, 08:22:16 PM

I've rebuilt several MS 250 the last one was last summer; I have one that was rebuilt a few years ago that still running that my nephew crew guy straight gassed and his crew uses it alot

And that saw is all aftermarket parts

That is great to hear. Do you have a preference/advice/warning to a certain brand of after market to use or to stay away from? I see i you show a "meteor" style piston in your picture.

H 2 H

I went against what people were saying to everyone said go OEM but I didn't I went with the weed eater man everything worked out :)
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

TLSTWIN

Quote from: H 2 H on December 25, 2013, 12:05:02 AM
I went against what people were saying to everyone said go OEM but I didn't I went with the weed eater man everything worked out :)
See, that is why I came on some place and asked.  people thought earth was flat for centuries because "someone" said it was and no one made him prove it....lol

Christopher Columbus tried it first and got side tracked, then Ferdinand Magellan did it..... you my friend are Ferdinand Magellan.... lol

TLSTWIN

Well, I found a comlete OEM motor for the 025 for $149, a complete motor, flywheel, and coil for the MS390 for $300.

Both saws are up and running! 8)

Thanks for everyones help :new_year:

Thank You Sponsors!