iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new crawlspace door

Started by Larry, September 06, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Well, I don't have a winery, wine cellar, or even any grape vines so this is the best I can do. :D :D  I know, doesn't even come close to Rob's beautiful work, but thought you guys might get a kick out of my color choice.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Nice balance. My quilter wife would approve..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Quite a contrast. Will you apply a finish?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Larry

I've already treated it to the point of refusal with a mix of mineral spirits, BLO, and spar varnish...heavy on the varnish.  I thought I would go ahead and hang the door and let the sun tone it down for a couple of months.  Than I'll make a decision on the permanent finish.  Sherwin Williams brown latex would match the house trim. ;D  Just letting it go gray would be the maintenance free solution. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Larry

Yes, I figured the only two that would recognize the catalpa would be you and tule peak timber.  Not often seen.

Don_Papenburg

I didn't get here soon enough. I use catalpa on a lot of projects. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Larry

This is my first year to use it.  I cut some small test boards to test finish with lacquer a while back.  It has a shimmer unlike anything else.  I got a couple of ideas I want to try when I get a chance.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Gotta  :).......thats pretty nice Larry!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

5quarter

Larry...door looks real nice. I'd hang it just like it is. it will mellow out with time. Yeah, that's the one nice quality about catalpa. it has a shimmer to it similar to satinwood. I've still got some tucked away somewhere. I ought to dig it out and do something with it. :D :D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

WDH

That is a fancy crawlspace door.  Mine are not as refined. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My neighbor built a nice crawl space door before he realized his house was built on a slab.  :D :D :D
He moved here from Wisconsin.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(its just a joke)  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Larry

My neighbor accused me of being from Wisconsin or one of those other northerly places as my house is on a slab also. :D :D  He forgot my deck is over a crawlspace. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!