iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM DH4000 kiln

Started by customsawyer, June 24, 2016, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I have a opportunity to get a DH4000 kiln that is still new and in the crate. The problem is that the crate hasn't been taken very good care of. Even the control box looks like it has seen some weather at times and one of the fan motors is missing. I don't see any vents in the crate either. What are the chances this unit will still work.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

Offer them $300 and take your chances. materhead
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

Jake, The main kiln unit is self contained and designed for a humid environment, so it should be ok. The controller though, is a different story.

My 4000's controller has two delicate plc's that cost over 500 bucks each to replace. I would offer $500 - 750 so that you have room for the missing pieces and potential replacement components needed.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

OneWithWood

What brand of controller is it?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The compressor should be run every six months to help keep the seals lubricated.  A major replacement might be needed, so the price of $500 seems reasonable to minimize your risk.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Thank You Sponsors!