iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Furby is on a road trip

Started by Cedarman, April 23, 2005, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

Furby pulled in here midday Friday. Do you think he wanted to miss your weather in Mi.  Gave him the nickel tour of the mill and showed him my logging tractor and winch.  Showed him the 4 poster sawing shed with roof falling in that was our humble beginning.
We had a good chat for several hours. Found out he is a Survivor fan. We agreed that to get on the show you cant have any survivor skills. At least from our perspective.

I thoroughly enjoyed the visit from an intelligent young man on a mission.
Kirk A, I hear he is headed your way.

Furby, have fun on your road trip.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Kirk_Allen

Quarter to 4 Furby calls, he is an hour out and looking for directions. Got him squared away on the directions and waited, and waited, and waited, and...........well let just say he got hammered in the thunderstorm that just missed us.  Took him two hours to cover that hour trip.

I was just wrapping up a broken blade when he pulled in.  Gave him the tour of the Wood Supply Shed ;D, the log piles, and the house & barn.  Lots of history to share but not a lot of time.  Cedarman is right, Furby is on a mission!

Hope the trip goes better though.  He smacked one of those corn fed deer south of Indy and pretty much wiped out the front right quarter panel and bumper.  Still drivable but definatly made a mess. 

We went to dinner and then Furby got on his way to Bro Nobles place.  He was hoping to get there by morning, which shouldnt be a problem. 

Stay tuned for Furby and his post on how I explained tooth angle to one of our helpers last night at dinner.  You will get a kick out of it. 

tnlogger

Now Thats the way ta travel  if your going stop and see all the FF attractions on the way. 8)
Much better then theme parks and you always learn something new at each stop.

Furby u need ta keep a record. (pics)  and sorry to here adout the deer did ya take him to Kirks. :D
gene

Kirk_Allen

:( :( :( NO DEER :( :( :(

He said he looked for it but couldnt find it.  He smacked the back end of so chances are it broke its back legs and since the front didnt get hit they can go quite a ways on those two front legs. 

Rest assured, had he brought it, we would have butchered it up!

Furby didnt have a camera with him.  Just prior to him getting here we loaded a realy squiraly ash log on the mill.  Wouldn't you know it, after the first cut, I turned the log and it had just enought hight and momentam to crawl right over the dog and fall off the other side of the mill.  I told Chad, my helper we have got to get that log back on the mill NOW.   The last thing I needed was Furby to pull in and see that ;D

Kirk_Allen

Richard you need to change the title of this thread to "All Points Bulletin for AKA Furby"

Seems he has not showed up at Bro. Nobles place yet and that is only about 6 hours from my place.  He left my place around 7:30 last night.

ANY ONE HEARD FROM FURBY! 

Stump Jumper

hope they didnt lock up that furby at the border :D :D :D :D :D
hope every thing is fine
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

SwampDonkey

Gee, its hard to beleive Furby forgot the camera. He's always taking some awesom pictures on his travels. Hope he shows up at Noble's soon.

Keep us Posted Bro_Noble and Furby, where ever ya got off too. ;D

Thanks for the feedback Cedarman and Kirk

cheers  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Maybe the Deer (or his relatives) tracked FURBY down!!  :(

FURBY WHERE ARE YOU!!??!!??!!
asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Furby

I'm here for just a second as I have slipped in on a connection.
Spent today trying to find Noble and Arky, drove right past Noble's place, and I'm sure I was within a mile of Arky's but couldn't find them.
Just spoke with Noble and will see him on Sunday, but still trying to get ahold of Arky!
Oh, Arkyyyyyyy........

Paschale

Glad you checked in with us Furby! 

As to Arky, just look for the big ole Logrite Cant Hook--that things so big, you'll see it miles away!   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Bro. Noble

That makes me feel pretty down when my neighbors tell Furby they don't know me :(--------I think he was asking a little to far up the road :)

We used to have an old lady who joined us.  She wasn't just right in the head and was always getting irritated with me.  When friends came to visit they would often ask her directions as she lived at a nearby bridge and I lived off the road a little way.  If she was down on me she would either tell them that she never heard of me or that I died a while back.  That caused me and my friends some aggrivation :D :D

Now as far as finding Arky,  I went down there with Jeff and Tammy one time and we had a hard time finding his place and we were following him ;)

Hope the Furby makes it here tomorrow cause I'm looking forward to his visit. :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

To find Arky, go to the Shawnee cave, and turn WEST. ;) ;) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

Yeah, I hope he makes it too cause I worry about Furby sometimes. :D  Just kidding Furby, hope yer having fun.  If ya ever get anywheres Mississippi give me a hollar.  I sure would like to meet you one of these days. :)

PS.  If you ever do get down this a way it'd be just fine if you wanted to spend a few days or a few weeks.   We'll have fun.  Heck, I'll teach you how to roof and won't even charge you nothing for it!  :)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Really Furby, I'm kind of Jealous.  A trip like that sure does sound like fun.  :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

Up until a couple hours ago CK, I was still playing with the idea of a quick run to see ya!
Just can't spare the 5+ hours each way right now. :(

Already know how to roof, but you could teach me "your" way. ;)

Just do what ya can to make to the piggy roast! ;) ;)

Furby

Gonna try and stay on long enough to answer some of the other posts.

First off, getting out of the car at Cedarman's mill was AWESOME!
The smell of that cedar was soooooo good and I've never seen so many cedar logs in one place before. :o
Nickle tour ??? Was more like the $20 gold piece tour from my point of view!
Cedarman has some real interesting projects he's involved in.  8) 

Kirk really does have a shed load of lumber, should be more then enough for his up coming building.
I'm really sorry I didn't get there sooner as I would have REALLY liked to have gotten a pic of Kirk and Chad trying to "play" with that log. ;D
The highlight of the visit was Kirk explaining to Chad what hook angle is by demonstrating with a french fry! ;D
I'm SUPER sorry I don't have a pic of that! :D

Kirk, I made it about an hour down I-70 before the battery in the truck went on strike. :-\
Had to jump it a couple of times and got a new one Sat morning.
Let's see what else I can mess up, eh ? ;D

Thanks for taking the time fellows! 8) 8) 8)

Onward...........................I hope! :D

hawby

Hey Furby,

I don't know if your having to deal with any of this white stuff, but I sure hope not. We got about 3" of it on the ground. Wet sloppy yucky!!! :(

Hope you don't have any more bad adventures on your trip.
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

tnlogger

Furby glad ya checked in I was getting ready to get ck to call out the board of directors ta finds ya  :D :D :D

sure wish ya remembered yur camera it would save ya a lot of typing when you got home.
gene

Teri

I think we should call this Furbys Great Adventures.  ;D  Sounds like he's havin a lot of fun.

Haytrader

He is supposed to be in here Tuesday.

Furby the travlin man.
Haytrader

Bro. Noble

The young man in question is now heading west ;D

I really enjoyed the afternoon visiting with him and would have enjoyed having him help milk this evening.  He seemed to think he needed to be heading toward Oklahoma instead :D :D

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

It's not hard at all to find Arky's place.

I even put directions with pictures of landmarks on my web site.

Directions to Arkansawyer's place
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Teri

Bibbyman... You're making me homesick.   :(

Kirk_Allen

Any chance that battery was in the front rigth quarter panel, where you smacked the deer? Sometimes a good jolt will destroy a battery. 

Wish it would have happen while you were here.  I had a spare in the garage you could have had. 

Drive safe!

Hey Furby, remember that great big pile of Ash logs?  THERE ALL GONE!  Finsished them today 8)

jtmccallum

Found out recently that my wife's sister and BIL are moving to Springfield, MO.  I hope to visit Noble and Arky whenever we visit down that way.  Thanks Bibby, I'm goona hang on to those directions to Arky,s.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Thank You Sponsors!