iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

VE Day 60 th Anniversary

Started by Ernie, May 08, 2005, 11:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

CHARLIE

This boy will never forget. I won't forget VJ Day either.  I try to never miss a chance to tell a WWII vet thank you.  My Uncle Ben was killed in the Pacific, my Uncle Charles fought in 7 major battles including Iwo Jima both Marines. My dad was also in the Marines and flew observation planes in the Pacific and later flew Corsairs.  My Uncle Pete was a bomber navigator in Europe, Africa and India.  Those boys sacrificed everything for us and when I say boys I mean boys. Heck, the captains of the B-17 and B-24 bombers were only about 22 years old and their crew were only from 18 to mid 20s. I believe the U.S. Casualties were somewhere around 296,000 or more. Many are still in Europe and in the Pacific where they fell.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Thanks Ernie.  What a day that must have been, when the news came that victory was won! 
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jjmk98k

let us remember ALL veterans from all nations who served and died. United States, Germany, England, Italy, Canada, Australia...... and so on

They all served and suffered and died
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Thank You Sponsors!